TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went wheeling with some buddies on FR 393 on Sunday. Had a minor mishap. About 10 miles in we have a truck stranded, hanging off the side of a trail. I was wondering if anyone could help help us out. We have a tow company who assures us that they can get back there. I am sure they can't...Tuesday we will find out. If not, is there anyone who would be willing to help out? We need at least 1 winch and another truck. If you can help, please call me on Tuesday at 480-216-6101 or e-mail [email protected] Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
sorry I can't help ya out but it might help if you'd say where FR 393 is.

bblouie said:
Went wheeling with some buddies on FR 393 on Sunday. Had a minor mishap. About 10 miles in we have a truck stranded, hanging off the side of a trail. I was wondering if anyone could help help us out. We have a tow company who assures us that they can get back there. I am sure they can't...Tuesday we will find out. If not, is there anyone who would be willing to help out? We need at least 1 winch and another truck. If you can help, please call me on Tuesday at 480-216-6101 or e-mail [email protected] Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
515 Posts
fr 393

ive run it starting from the turn off for sunflower mine. you go down the road past the mine turn there is a trail that goes up the hill. follow it forever and end up where log corral dumps out at the power lines. there is some hairy washed out spots. at least there were in 05, the last time i was back there. i took a stock explorer ther only got hung up once on the way out. id help but gotta work. Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tufftoy is right. It's past the Sunflower Mine turn-off. The tow company declined...think they did some research and realized they don't have anything to get back there. The owner of the stuck truck is trying to get in contact with the forest service to see if they can help. Just to clarify...no one is out there, just a truck. Toyboxauto...thanks for calling. I'll let you know if the forest service turns us down. With all the rain, I don't think we'll be able to get back there til the weekend. The mud back there is slick as snot. Thanks again, Steve.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
bblouie said:
The owner of the stuck truck is trying to get in contact with the forest service to see if they can help. I'll let you know if the forest service turns us down. Thanks again, Steve.

Oh boy, that could be an expensive call. Good luck getting it out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
bblouie said:
Tufftoy is right. It's past the Sunflower Mine turn-off. The tow company declined...think they did some research and realized they don't have anything to get back there. The owner of the stuck truck is trying to get in contact with the forest service to see if they can help. Just to clarify...no one is out there, just a truck. Toyboxauto...thanks for calling. I'll let you know if the forest service turns us down. With all the rain, I don't think we'll be able to get back there til the weekend. The mud back there is slick as snot. Thanks again, Steve.

Just let me know if you still need help on Sat. I have Sat. morning open for recovery help.
Carlos

·
Registered
307 Posts
I might be able to help out saturday morning, post up if you still need it. I will try to work something out if you still need another truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the offers guys, but we got it out. We got another tow company to come out and get it. The driver said it was the worst recovery he's ever done...$650 later. The insurance company was cool about it and covered 3/4 of the bill. Thanks again for all the offers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
Bowtie3
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing