TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well... since snow is still deep as hell up there; let's do an Eagle Rock run instead. Meet at the Home Depot between 830-900; the one on Southgate/South Nevada/Lake Ave. Where the IHOP and Red Robin are; let's see how far Eagle Rock goes, then give Saran Wrap a try as well as Bull Park. Last time it was kinda snowpacked...

Bull Park:

Eagle Rock at the first right turn:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a rad trail; plenty of scenery fo sho. Last I was there, there was a gate up to prevent bigger trucks through; a FJ80 had to basically remove his roof rack to get under the thing.

Cruiser people... gotta have bumpers, snorkels, roof racks and all that junk. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's a rad trail; plenty of scenery fo sho. Last I was there, there was a gate up to prevent bigger trucks through; a FJ80 had to basically remove his roof rack to get under the thing.

Cruiser people... gotta have bumpers, snorkels, roof racks and all that junk. :rolleyes:

I have none of those on my 80!

I'm going to try and make this. Nothing on my schedule yet. Planning on Radical Hill on the way out?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Radical Hill? Sure, why not... as long as you know how to get there. :D

I really need to get out more often.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If my truck is completely back together and I'm not in the field I'll go

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is going to be fun cause we are going!
You bet it is going to be fun. This is one of my bucket list trails. I really want to go in on this one. Though tires with more tread for the loose rock at the top of the trail would help.

I have parts to put a set of 33's together, though the tread on the used tires is, well, used. Thinking of going to Pete AFB for a set of Firestone Destination MTs on the military credit card. It would be fresh tread and I could have it ready before the trail run.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to my sources, Red Cone is still packed with snow... so how about another trail that is less snow-filled?

I did not take into account the recent deluge of rain/snow when I first posted this... my bad. :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Having a bit more time till Red Cone will be nice. I am still refinishing my steel rims.

Have not got the 33's mounted yet. Debating going direct to new tires since two of them are wore down to the wear indicator bars... I could mount the used tires, check for fit and then remount for the new tires later...

That said... I want to go wheel Fathers day weekend. We could hit Bull Park, then approach Eagle Rock from the north.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm up for Wheeler; as long as I don't spin out again. :eek:

Can anyone check if it's open yet? Sources say it may be blocked near Bowling Ball Hill; so halfway up? I'd still be up for that; it's a fun trail even if you can't make it to the lake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm up for Wheeler; as long as I don't spin out again. :eek:

Can anyone check if it's open yet? Sources say it may be blocked near Bowling Ball Hill; so halfway up? I'd still be up for that; it's a fun trail even if you can't make it to the lake.
I haven't found anything on Wheeler yet that says its closed.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SO far it's looking like an Eagle Rock and nearby trails run on Saturday the 20; there's that RMMOC Toyota-Only meet Sunday the 21 in Castle Rock that I'm 50/50 about going to. It's usually MR2, Supra and Celica heavy, so I figured a jacked-up 4Runner would fit right in. :D

I've wanted to go to one since I was in AllTrac Land; it'd be nice to go and check out the AWD turbo goodness... and I found out my old AllTrac is for sale. $3500 and I can restart another money pit. :rolleyes:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5024043022.html

·
Registered
277 Posts
So meet at the Home Depot at 830-900 on Saturday?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts