Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics are up!

To review:

Started with Aspens

Darrick's new ride

The dusty dug out obstacle

Razzing on Jake the new ToyTec experiment!

Scott (TacoBlanca) doing the open/open squirt

Ray Ray and Angela (In Darrick's new ride)

Almost to the top!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The top! 12,900 feet

Layla stayed put so she didn't fall off the mountain.

Scott getting High!

Darrick, Angela and Ray Ray!

Eric and his :D Wife heading down!

12 Land Rovers coming down Radical Hill (Taken by me from Webster pass 16x zoom)

Between Webster and Radical Hill

Forgive me for not remembering everyones names that came, but we had Jake and friend in the Nissan, and Andrew and son in the new gray Taco, as well as Scott (TacoBlanca) - Eric and Wife (CoTacoTRD) - Darrick and Angela (CO.Native) and then Troy and I

Darrick going Steep and Deep on Radical Hill

Which way are we going...

The landrovers on websterpass from Radical Hill 16x zoom

The Legendary Houck Family Cabin down there somewhere in Hall Valley....

GREAT DAY ALL!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
7,735 Posts
Looks like I missed out on a fine day at altitude. Gotta get ready to go represent down in NM tho.

Looking at those pix.. it's a good thing those Rovers didn't allow too much space between them coming down that hill :rolleyes:. Who knows what would have happened if somebody's latte lost it's froth and there weren't a dozen more within a few yards to help out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like a lot more fun than the polishing/waxing I spent all day doing. :D Nice pics!

it's a good thing those Rovers didn't allow too much space between them coming down that hill :rolleyes:.
Heh, that's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they were all chained together. :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
It was kinda funny - they all had full LR clothing on and name tags. The tail gunner was a LR3 with the dealer stickers still in it
Sounds like some kind of dealer demo or new owner orientation training type run or something. Though it does remind me of this one trip I was on, can't remember if it was out near Moab or on Engineer Pass, but there was a whole bunch of black Xterras traveling together and they all had unique numbers on their back windows.

Also sort of reminds me - I happened to stumble around the Toyota Trail Teams site a few weeks ago and saw they were supposedly going to be here running Kelly Flats on August 17th. Except I couldn't tell if that was this year (I saw it like the week before), last year, or what. Anyone know anything more about that?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice Pic Molly. I will try to get what we got up today sometime. Had a great time with everyone. Definitely an awesome run.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eric remind me what your Wife's name is again? We were excited to meet her. And when did she leave Pilsen because she has nearly no accent!

And those rovers were pretty couragous going DOWN radical hill so close to eachother.... :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Eric remind me what your Wife's name is again? We were excited to meet her. And when did she leave Pilsen because she has nearly no accent!
Her name is Petra and her entire family left CZ when she was 13. Oh and she is going to ask her parents a little more about Prague for you. To see what "non tourist" things you need to do while you are out there. Troy was asking us when we stopped for lunch. I will let you know before you head out there.

Working on pics now! Should have up in a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Niiice! I really like that shot of Troy and Jake coming down with whoever is standing on the side. Sweet perspective.
That should be Molly hitch hiking for a ride from Troy. Give you a good idea of just how steep that is.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell Petra, AWESOME PICS!

This Pic really does the trail justice!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts