TTORA Forum banner

Red Elephant/Bill Moore 7/3

7K views 61 replies 17 participants last post by  devinsixtyseven 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, I guess I'll get this started. Unfortunately I didn't get too may picutures but you can see the set here: http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/88runnermike/Red Elephant 090703/

Had a great time meeting everyone and getting some wheeling in. I learned a lot about trail repair. :D

I did make it back fine. Ike's tent stake ******* fix worked great. I still have to take the shock off, but I think I'll be in the market for a new mount...And a more appropriate battery tie down system...and some sliders... :welder: TIME!

Here's some highlights:

Ike's tent stake fix:

The aftermath of my power steering pump taking a bite out of my battery :eek:

Some gratitus rock standing:

And the cluster that was us trying to turn around:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice.

For the shock, i think i have some bushings that will fit. you will still need another grade 8 bolt the size of the other side though.

next time you will make it through, maybe slaughterhouse after andrews bachelor party if we are not too hungover.

#3 · (Edited)
Alright all of my pics are here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/cosport/?start=0&newest=1

But I didn't really start taking pictures until Bill Moore Lake.

Here are a few:

The mudd pit has really gotten big at the top.

The Geap that liked to get stuck.

Posers

Lockers can really get you places with a wheel off the ground.

Good times. I am glad Mike and Ike made it home OK. Sorry you guys missed out on the remainder of the day. At least next time we know which road to take. :D

Jacket - I sucks we never caught up to you or met up. We will have to do this one again.

#5 ·
What a BLAST!

I made it home OK, as you have probably figured out already.

"Damsels in distress" rescue was definatley a highlight. I can't remember ever having more fun on a trail. Someone invite those girls along again!

After having figured out I lost my winch key on the trail earlier that day, I had to subdue my driving in and around the mudpit. I think I got off easy when Eric snatched me out once - I did not want to create a bigger problem than we already had on our hands. But that's OK, 'cause Ben and scott were out-doing me with their Mud terrains anyway - Probably saved me some embarressment. - I have a series of shots ben's going to want to see.

I'd also like to post up that Ben's sliders lost their virginity on this trip! OOOOWeee - I think we even got CoTacoTRD's slee's scraped up a bit too!

Scott will be looking into a new front bumper - I'll let him tell you why.....

Ike - mighty honorable of you to see the 4r back down, thanks for that. but if you'd have stayed with us there would have been some plenty of hungry people looking for calzones that night - :D:D Oh, and don't feel you missed out on meeting the girls, I don't think they were as dirty as you like them :p

Mike, I USED to have the truck that always broke down, so it was nice for me that it be yours this time instead of mine. ;) hope that we can finish the trail together next time.

Eric #2 (don't know your stagename, sorry) I was bummed to find out you went down early too, maybe you can make another trail ride Ill be on and we can meet up again.

Eric #1 Cotacotrd - Dont take any sh*t for leading us up the wrong trail (you idiot :D:D) If you would have gotten it right the first time, we would have not been better now for the experience of turning around 7 trucks on dime, a stump, and a rock (even though we could have moved the rock!). We would have missed out on the opportunity to become heros to three distressing damsels, and you would have probably arrived at home on time with a much more boring version of what happened on the trail that day. - So Bravo for a great trail run.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can get to it - but first, I have to jimmy the lock on my winch pin :mad:

#13 ·
What a BLAST!

Mike, I USED to have the truck that always broke down, so it was nice for me that it be yours this time instead of mine. ;) hope that we can finish the trail together next time.
I think it was the curse of being the FNG on the run. I hope to finish the whole run next time too. I'm still figuring out how I need to look at my rig for maintenance and things like that for off-roading purposes, not just town driving. Never gave that battery tie-down a second though until it broke; now thinking about it, I can't believe it didn't get eaten sooner. :doh:

Apparently I can add my spedo cable to the list of carnage to my rig. Worked the whole way back to FoCo, then wasn't working yesterday. I think the connection just got rattled loose from the back of the instrument cluster, but that that looks like a biotch to tear apart based on the Chilton manual... :mad:

#9 · (Edited)
We did finally find the right trail and completed the orginally intended run but with much more adventure as Packrat1 stated. Good times guys.

Edit: I made an improper comment here regarding others that came along with us to go 4 wheeling.

#7 ·
mario my sliders lost there virginity on chinaman gultch in BV! LOL however i do appreciate lining up that pivot action that was some skill to get all the rigs to do it and erics little 9 point turn with the tire up on that rock was a sight to see! cant wait for the pics!

#10 ·
Definately one of the best trail runs i've done! Long day, 9:00am to 9:00pm but it was worth it. Oh, and of all the pictures you took, not one with our damsels in distress?:dunno:

#12 ·
Yeah, wish I could have made the rest of the run too, but was running out of time. Next time I'll try to have the whole day off. Definately learned some good stuff, like jerry rigged trail repair.

#15 ·
Pretty sure it's at the instrument cluster. When I was playing with the parking break sensor I noticed a cable that didn't seem to really be connected to anything up above and would be in the right place for the spedo cable.

It probably won't be too difficult, just time consuming. It looks like you have to completely rip apart the dash, but maybe I can circumvent some of the steps for what I need to do.

#16 ·
you are going to need to take most of the cover pieces off the drivers side dash, but it is easy and goes quick. the cable just snaps in the back of the instument cluster then. I think i found a hook to make a battery hold down for the runner also.

#17 ·
Looks like fun guys.

I need to start the CoTTORA Art House pic thread for pics like these :D

Very cool!

#24 ·
#18 ·
^^^Never thought of that in an artistic sense but cool.

#25 ·
Sometimes 'just' trail shots come out fairly artistic. I always get in trouble when I start talking about photos, so I'll just say I agree and noted that one as more of an 'artistic' shot when I was originally looking through them.

#26 ·
This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#32 ·
#33 ·
nope, I'm stupid. anyone wish to clue me in on how to post pics all fancy like?
Looks like you hit the link button (globe with chain links) instead of the picture button (yellow mountain). And the last part of the URL in the image link looks uneeded. Let's see:

Yep. You can delete that extra part after the .jpg when you paste the link.

Or, I just noticed looking at your others they give you a little box you can copy when you mouse over. If you get the direct link one, you need to click the image button like I said above. If you click the img code one, you should be able to paste that directly into your post.

#36 ·
Nice pics Red Brewer! One of these days maybe I'll be able to see some pics of me accomplishing something rather than broken down and/or stuck on something. :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.