TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going up to the Red Feather Lakes area the weekend of 15th-17th. I've never been up there and wanted some good NF camping spot ideas. As for trails I saw an easy trail in one of the books I have which is fine. I also want to get in some fishing if anyone know of any good spots. Of course if there is anyone interested just let me know. Nothing is set in stone yet.

·
20,355 Posts
Just camped up there last weekend. Unfortunately I have always camped on private land in that area. Not heavy on wheeling trails but all of the waterways offer good fishing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guys I'm going with really want a fire and that NF is one of only few in the state where you can still have a fire. We all have stockers so the trails will be fine.

·
7,735 Posts
I've never been up there, but check for fire bans before starting that fire.

and for the love of god, put that fucker out when you're done. Lots of water and stirring. It's amazing how quick a little wind can reignite a fire.

As for wheeling, north west colorado really doesn't have any hard trails, but there's lots of fire/forestry roads to explore. That used to be my favorite kind of wheeling. You will find the best camp spots (and probably fishing spots) that way.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you keep traveling west past red feather and head up dead man road, there are some camping spots up on top of killpecker pass. I have never camped up there, but have seen people up there everytime I am there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts