TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be a dumb question, so forgive me. I searched for a place to buy MT 90 & found the www.myoilshop.com & 2 dealer codes, but they only sell them by the quart?? Does anybody know where I can get it by the gal, or 5 gal sizes?? I didn't want to have to buy a case +.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
why would you need to buy it in bulk? it's not like you have to change it every 5k miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was looking for the best price, also I have a pump that fits gal/or 5gals , not not quarts. I want to buy oil for my engine too. As for the tranny/T-case, I don't want to fill it from the cab w/quarts,ya know?? Until this morning I only found gallons locally, but www.myoilshop.com emailed me back & they can get me 5 gal buckets, any weight. May be good to know for everyone else...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You can buy those little crappy hand-operated pumps at most auto-parts stores for like 5 bucks. They screw right onto the quart containers and work sorta like those liquid hand soap or hand cream dispensers that you'd use at your house work, where you push down on the lever nozzle and fluid squirts out the end of it as it's compressed.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Browny said:
www.myoilshop.com emailed me back & they can get me 5 gal buckets, any weight. May be good to know for everyone else...
That's good to know- I also prefer to buy my fluids by bulk-
Those 5 gal buckets are easier to store and move.

partyman66 said:
You can buy those little crappy hand-operated pumps at most auto-parts stores for like 5 bucks.
But the pumps for the 5 gallon buckets move alot more fluid per pump- Big time saver- I have a 5 gal bucket of the house brand 75-90 gear oil that I use on all the family vehicles as well as after gear work to break in diffs-

Its only $30 for a big 5 gal bucket of generic gear oil.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly, thanks guys....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
And the little ones don't fit Redline quart containers - the opening is smaller on their bottles.
It doesn't screw on, but they do work on them fine if you just stick the pipe into the container and let the pump rest on the top. That's what I did when I put Redline MT-90 into my tranny and transfer case last summer. It does suck though about how the hand pumps are slow. I don't really mind because it's not something you do all the time, but I took the MT-90 out of my transfer case this past weekend and switched in some GL-5 Mobil-1 75-W90 gear oil instead(i still left my Redline in the tranny), and it took a while to pump in the new 1.3 or whatever it is quarts of gear oil.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Yeah, that would probably work for the MT90, but it's a ROYAL PITA for the heavy shockproof I use in the diffs - I broke two of the bottle pumps. I ended up getting one like this, and it works pretty well actually:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I had one of those and threw it in the garbage when the hose kept comming off and it was a PITA to pump it...

Why not Amsoil? Better oil, about the same price, and comes in Gallon Containers?

I've read of people having problems with notchy shifting and redline. My truck had redline in it from the pervious owner. Even though it was new, I switched it out to Amsoil and havne't looked back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts