TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i am wanting to redo the entire exhaust on my 2001 2.7 5 speed. i am going for horsepower gains and such with out messing anything up on the engine and all that. I just wanna know the most i can do without going overboard. im tlkin how many cats i should run and what size if any. i know some people used a magnaflow instead of cats on thier V6 but would it work good on a 2.7. i am not worried about emissions testing so dont consider that
i know ill need to start with a header and i have a magnaflow muffler. and also would it help to use the O2 sims also. just tell me the best way to do it for the most power.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, that's a really open-ended question. I have a 2.7l with the LC Engineering header, high-flow cat, and an xcelerator muffler, basically the same as a magnaflow. It's all in 2.25 inch. I opted not to go up to a 2.5 or a 3.0 because often you lose the low end and gain in the high end. For offroading, low end suits me better.

You said that you don't worry about emissions, so you could opt to no cat at all. LC Engineering makes a spacer pipe that takes the place of a cat and lets you retain your stock exhaust pipe. If you want to run a cat, just one will do it and I really like LCE's.

Oxygen sensor sims only really come into need if you beef up the diameter of the pipe.

Now I'm sure that there are those that will disagree with me, but that's my take on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts