TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the phone with Bear and Molly called him they are broke down in NE.
They are getting towed to Grand Island, NE. West of Lincoln.
Molly's cell is 303.817.3143
Troy's cell is 412.716.3823

Troy needs to be in Bolder, CO. by Tues AM

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hereis where we are at....

01taco4x4 said:
Same here, gotta brother in lincolon but he is the most mechanically challenged person in the world.
If worse comes to worse and this does not work (we are about to go out and expoxy the bondo crap) I want to sent troy on on a bus or whatever (and then he'll drive the Z3 to wrk LOL) and I'll stay with the truck and get it fixed tuesday when shops open. Maybe your bro would let me stay the night??? (monday night). Dammit Nebraska, I blew a cv here befoe when I was in this darned state in an 87 jeep cherokee.

BTW thank you Brian (DriftinCo) Bear (Barry) Grumpy, and Nicole for
helping us via phone diagnose and work on the problem....

Oh and here are some pics of the fun....

This is about where we realized we were screwed.... We had just filled p 100 miles earlier...

Then we saw this sign and pushed "Ron" the red 4 runner towards fuel...

It was lke some kind of horror movie becaue as we coasted into the station all the weeds growing around the pump told us we shouldn't be here...

Speakig of corn I had to go ... and so I wandered of into this and scared the crap outta some poor bullsnake..

(Sometimes troy's shutter on his cammera sticks... but you get the erie Idea..

So here we are ... Bear ob the phone, Troy lying in gaoline and waiting for AAA to show up..

And Rond end o o a flatbed with our little uhaul behid it, made it to Grand Island Nebraska at the oward Johnston cady corner to wallmart...

We got some supplies from wally world and then began the fix it portion (even bought $6.00 sweathshirts knowing we would fully be smelling like gasoline) Talked to Brian (DerifenCo, Berry (Bear) and Nic once more and decided to drop the fule tank enough to see where the leak was. It appears the gasket was good but one of the lines was corroded (no doubt by 1200 miles at 80 MPH is jostling around....) We out some steal putty on it and then 2 hours later some epoxy (which is stil stuck to my fingers as I type!)

But we has our priorities straight. Note the two frost mugs full of blue moon...

Tomorrow we'll start her and pray she does not leak. If she does then I gotta get troy to c-rado for his first day f work at his new job on tuesday morning. I wll stay with the truck and gt it repaired correclty on tuesday, ut I sure as hell hope it does not come to this!

Thanks EVERYONE for your help! We'll post up in the am if our putty epoxy solution stemmed the leak or not....

Ya know it just wouln't be a ttora road trip witout crap like this neh?

*smirk* -Mols (and Troy who is already passed out :D)

Call if yo knw someone who can help. well post up tomorrow if we stemmed the fuel spewing leak or not!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I just realized those airhead candies (the blue thing hanging outta my mouth) would prolly just have worked as well as the putty and epoxy.... LOL

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks for the update Molly. Glad to hear it's working out.

Looks like one of our club members needs to get into the towing business!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts