TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Just wondering. Right now I'm running 33's using 4.56 gears. I was wondering if I could keep my gears for my 35's I'm getting tomorrow. I noticed a huge difference going up to 33's from 31's forcing me to regear, does anyone have experience for with this, do I have to go to a 4.88. I tried looking at the older posts but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Personally id rear gear to 5.29's but you could always throw a V8 under the hood then u won't need to regear, have all that hp to turn the wheels :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
96Toy said:
Personally id rear gear to 5.29's but you could always throw a V8 under the hood then u won't need to regear, have all that hp to turn the wheels :D
Man I wish! is that even possible with the tundra V8? It'll mostly be used as a daily driver on the street, wouldn't 5.29's be too high?

·
Registered
148 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
Hey guys!

Just wondering. Right now I'm running 33's using 4.56 gears. I was wondering if I could keep my gears for my 35's I'm getting tomorrow. I noticed a huge difference going up to 33's from 31's forcing me to regear, does anyone have experience for with this, do I have to go to a 4.88. I tried looking at the older posts but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks.
I run 35's now with 4.88 I turn around 2400 rpm at 65. I get around 16-17mpg I would Regear. Better take off power and gas miles. My $.02

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the 35's on 15x10's today and man do they look alot better than the 33's. I noticed minimal loss of power mostly on takeoff but havent been able to test it on the freeway just yet. I think I should be fine for a while, according to the chart Lagarre gave me I'm right there around factory. I sure miss the torque though, um maybe I'll regear.. Aargh! Gears or headers. My minds a constant mess.

Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
Hey guys!

Thanks.
Uh, truck model? engine? some more info would really help.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
2000 prerunner trd vg auto tranny running 4.56 gears with 35x12.5r15's. should i gear to 4.88?
yes and maybe 5.29s if you want more oomph.

·
Registered
304 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
Hey guys!

Thanks.

If you regear I'd be interested in your old gears :D

Hornito

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
mnstr_trd said:
2000 prerunner trd vg auto tranny running 4.56 gears with 35x12.5r15's. should i gear to 4.88?

especially since you are a pre-runner and it is half the cost, definitely re-gear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts