TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I have finally decided to put the 285/75R16's on my truck. I do not have the money to regear right now but hopefully within the next couple of months I will. I have an 04' 4x4 v6 5-speed (nonTRD) and I was wondering if I will be able to tolerate the 285's without new gears. I am trying to find a ballpark figure of what kind of gas mileage I am goin to be at, and also a ballpark figure on how much the parts and instal of my new gears are goin to be. I am goin with the 4.56 because I will be doing a fair amount of highway driving and I am hoping this will help my fuel mileage and keep my RPM's down. I also had one more question, is the power loss going to be that bad in my v6 5-speed, or will it just be a little sluggish compared to stock.
Thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
134 Posts
It sounds like you are set on the 285's, so you can be the judge after you get them, and it sounds like you can soon afford to get new gears if it is driving you crazy. Personally, I couldn't tolerate the loss of power and the mileage drop, ordered my gears from PORC(Performance Offroad Center) this morning. Plan on around $615 for gears and full install kits, and $300 at the least to install if you pull the differientials yourself for the local shop to do. Basically, set a $1000 aside for this project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts