TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but found nothing so Ill ask this question.

Has anyone with a regular cab installed or built a better console for their truck such as one that would be flush with the bucket seats and padded enough that one might be able to sit on it if you really had to haul a 3rd person? It doesnt have to be super comfortable, just something to get you by.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I switched from bench to bucket seats I tried a few ideas. I had an ammo can in there for a while. I think it was a longer 40mm one like this that I put matching carpet on the sides and a hinged padded top. Sturdy but wasn't quite the right size.

Then I switched to this cheapo console from Walmart . Had to trim about 2 inches off the bottom so it wouldn't be so tall. Threw away the sliding thing on top and replaced that with a thick plywood lid. Functional and only about $20 but I'll switch to something else when I find time. Maybe go back to a similar ammo can which could be lockable when bolted down

·
Registered
370 Posts
I pulled one out of a 2nd gen 4runner back when i had my pickup, matched my interior too. I have a tuffy console in my 4runner now and i love it, but its pretty expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts