TTORA Forum banner

Relocating to Durango

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Lysmachia 
#1 ·
I have accepted a position in the 4 corners region and will be moving in the next month or two. Looking forward to meeting up and playing at higher elevations!

#2 ·
Welcome, you can't live in a better part of Colorado. What will you be doing?

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I am a Safety Professional and will be working for the largest natural gas producer in the area. I have been working in Alaska and commuting from Texas for the past 8 years so living near work will be nice.

My wife and I visited 2 weeks ago and soon after my visit and interview I was called with an offer, I am currently going through the prehire process while continuing my job in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. Durango is a beautiful area and we love the people there and all that the area has to offer. Wheeling, Fishing, Hiking, Skiing(I will learn) etc. What a playground!

I have been a very inactive texas member since about 2002 since my job seems to have me away on every event I have only met a couple of runs but have good working knowledge of working on our trucks. Currently I have a 2006 Tacoma and a 2008 jeep Jk.

I look forward to settling in and getting to wheel some new and interesting terrain.

#5 ·
IDurango is a beautiful area and we love the people there and all that the area has to offer. Wheeling, Fishing, Hiking, Skiing(I will learn) etc. What a playground!
Welcome! Tons to do there, hope they're paying you well enough to be able to afford it!

#6 ·
I hear you on the home prices. WE plan to rent for 6months to a year and purchase before the 12 month IRS relocation period is over so that I can get a better idea before making a final housing decision. . I have a great relo program and I am saving a bundle on airfare by taking this position so the home prices are OK with me.

#12 ·
Kick ass that we are seeing more action from our SW members! We need a SW chapter director!!

#14 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
My start Date Is December 1st. I am in Alaska till tuesday when I come home to Texas for 10 days and head off to check in at work. Movers will do everyting else. :cool: Take me a while to get settled in but I look forward to the new area and activities.

This will be the frist time in 8 years I will have a REGULAR work schedule. That means I can go on runs ! :D Now I wish I hadn't sold my 02 truck, just have to build up something else. .

#15 ·
Oh you'll be itching to rebuild as soon as you see all the amazing within 3 hours of your location! Moab, Farmington, The Ouray Telluride and Montrose area! Seriously I can't think of a better place to live for wheeling!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.