TTORA Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Even monument hill never seems to give me trouble when i commute down ther:confused: Probably because i go so early so i dont have to worry about other jackasses on the road.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got reservations at a hotel for next week. We will be contacting Remax to take us around and show us rentals on Wednesday and Thursday next week and hope to head back to Texas with a lease in hand so we can finish packing up and put north Texas in the rear view mirror!! I cant wait...
We found LOTS of cool looking 3br, 2bath, 2car houses in our price range, we have two favorites that we hope are still available when we get up there. One of them has an oversized DETACHED 2 car garage... OH YEAH!! LOL!!
Ill keep yall posted on a firm moving date. Also, would anyone be interested in helping me move a few large items when the day comes? The wife doesnt have much strength and there are a few items like the couch, hutch and kitchen table that I dont know if she can handle. None of it is heavy, no sleeper sofa's or anything even close weight wise, just big, awkward and hard to move by myself. :eek:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Give a holler when you are here, both next week and moving.

My son just moved into a new house last weekend, and I neatly avoided having to help much. Except for moving a big refrigerator. OMG!!!

I am sure we can find help for you, depending on time/day. Most I know just work for beer. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sweet!! I will make sure we take the laptop when we go up next week so I can let yall know where we are and whats going on. Maybe meet the local COS folks for a beer or something one night?? I will also post up for sure when we are loading and leaving TX. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. Im sure we can be talked into pizza and beer... :D
Thanks yall!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the Springs, almost :D Post up when you need the help and there should be plenty there. What area of town are you looking at? I live up on the north end like Son and a few of the others.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, we arent real sure what area we are going to wind up in. Seems like most of the houses we have found in our price range are in the east/central part of town, between the airport and 83. Wont know for sure where we will wind up til next week when we get up there. We will have the laptop with us so we will post up addresses and get some advice here as well as check the CSPD weekly crime map to see if the areas we check out are local crime spots. Hopefully when we are driving around we will be able to tell if we are in a good or not so good area. I dont want to leave for work and come home to a mostly empty house!! LOL!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My sister is going thru a divorce so she is moving with us when we go. She has 2 little dogs that bark alot but one is 19lbs and the other weighs in at a whopping 9lb... Not much to be scared of there!! I had a Rott years ago but she died. I still miss that dog!! Greatest preventive in the world, she wouldnt hurt a fly but at 110lb she was pretty intimidating looking. We never lived in the getto but there were several breakins in various neighborhoods we lived in but our house was never touched. It was tough to find rental property that would let us have her, we normally wound up saying she was a "mixed breed" so we could get the lease!! When we buy something I will get another Rott but while renting it will probably be a mini-schnauzer or something that doesnt shed, is really active, doesnt have the normal yappy little dog bark and will be small enough to get by on the lease...

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Join the CoTTORA Boxer club! Like 4 of us have one... LOL I mean if you were a theif and you walked in and saw this dog trying to woo you into bed... you'd turn tail and run like hell!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Layla says, "Come on over here and rub my belly"!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Lets try this and see if it will post...

This is a pic of the truck at the TTORA Takeover in Hot Springs a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
We made it!! Actually hit town Friday night and been unpacking like mad. We went ahead and had some movers come over to unload the truck. It was only $160 for three guys to come over and move all the heavy stuff so it was money well spent not killing ourselves trying to do it! LOL!! Anyways, been unpacking boxes for days, but we are almost done with it. The garage is still in HORRIBLE shape, I need shelves installed BAD. Might get to that this weekend. The focus is to get the inside DONE and get out of the house to do something fun. I am SOOO sick of boxes!!! The end result is greatness though. We are reminded why we made the move every time we step out the front door and see Pikes Peak staring back at us...
Once we get it all done and setup I will post up when the garage will be open and available for wrenching. Should be 100% ready by spring FOR SURE. Anyways, just wanted to post up and let yall know we are here and getting settled...

·
7,735 Posts
Geez, you could have invited us over and only spent $200 in beer :D

Yeah, I felt the same about stepping outside and seeing the mountains. I've been here 5 years now and the feeling still hasn't changed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts