TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted in threads about the SC in this forum and no one has replied. Does anyone have any of these units?

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm selling mine shortly - it wasn't remanufactured. let me know if you're interested - i've got LOTs of little extras i'll be selling too.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why was this moved? My post was to retailers. I wanted to know who had these. Why did you move the post to this thread?

Chris

·
Registered
166 Posts
Only Carson Toyota had them as far as I know. They sold out a few weeks ago, I guess.

I bought one at $1149, but haven't put it in yet (still waiting on my FTC-E). The one I got looks brand new- 4th gen unit with a high serial number. There isn't even oxidation on the pipes!

The first one I got had a broken stud in it, and looked a bit used. I returned it for this one, and was very glad I did!

-Dave

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
saki302 said:
Only Carson Toyota had them as far as I know. They sold out a few weeks ago, I guess.

I bought one at $1149, but haven't put it in yet (still waiting on my FTC-E). The one I got looks brand new- 4th gen unit with a high serial number. There isn't even oxidation on the pipes!

The first one I got had a broken stud in it, and looked a bit used. I returned it for this one, and was very glad I did!

-Dave
You lucky lucky man. I called TRD and their respone was "We have no plans to release anymore of these units".

Also its kinda funny that TRD tries to seperate its self from Toyota yet their help email address is [email protected]. Hmmmmmm

Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
I thought that Magnusson was the one who remanfactured the units. At least thats where I sent mine...Bought a used charger for 1000 and spent 300 to get it all redone...works flawlesssly.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TundraV6 said:
I thought that Magnusson was the one who remanfactured the units. At least thats where I sent mine...Bought a used charger for 1000 and spent 300 to get it all redone...works flawlesssly.
I wounder if you do that do you get the new warranty?

Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
CMB1998 said:
I wounder if you do that do you get the new warranty?

Chris

Well they guarantee their work for like a year or something but no waranty from TRD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
TundraV6 said:
So you had your supercharger remanufactured for 300 bones from them? what's the warranty on that and the down time from the date you shipped till the date you got it back? I'm looking to redo mine later since I'm about to hit 90,000.

thanks
kalani

·
Registered
117 Posts
kalani00 said:
So you had your supercharger remanufactured for 300 bones from them? what's the warranty on that and the down time from the date you shipped till the date you got it back? I'm looking to redo mine later since I'm about to hit 90,000.

thanks
kalani
I had everything redone except the rotors so it wasnt a full remanufacture. They guarantee their work for a year or something like that and it took about 1 1/2 weeks to ship get the work done and recieve it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
TundraV6 said:
I had everything redone except the rotors so it wasnt a full remanufacture. They guarantee their work for a year or something like that and it took about 1 1/2 weeks to ship get the work done and recieve it.
rotors? whats that? could you tell me more what you had done to it? AND what the full remanufactured work consist of if you know. Thanks for the info I just want to know whats in your package deal to see if its good enough or do i need more. You sound pretty happy with yours so maybe it's good for me.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
remanufactured S/C

TundraV6 said:
Do you have the contact info for the company you got the work and the charger from?

·
Registered
117 Posts
kalani00 said:
rotors? whats that? could you tell me more what you had done to it? AND what the full remanufactured work consist of if you know. Thanks for the info I just want to know whats in your package deal to see if its good enough or do i need more. You sound pretty happy with yours so maybe it's good for me.

Rotors are the two three pronged blades that make the boost...they spin inside the supercharger housing...They also dont touch anything so it is very rare that they need to be replaced.

What I had done was....new nose cone assembly(the gears in the tip of the nose cone that are connected to the pulley and the rotors) I also had them resurface the rotors so they were smooth, also had a new boost actuator put on..the thing in the back of the charger that has a diaphram in it. Also had new bearings put in. Basically after all this the supercharger is brand new except for the rotors and the housing...But the internals are what experience wear.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
the rotors are the big impellers in the s/c that push the air - check out www.gadgetonline.com for some picks

creed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts