·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember 4wpw Procomp Tow Strap deal back in November

Well - Fortunately I ordered mine early

However- For some that got on the deal late - This is what they received

Looks like 4wpw did the old bait & switch for the ones they could not cover-
I was browsing another forum when one guy described the "Procomp" strap he received - I was like WTF? - (4wpw use to sell Yellow staps under the Canyon Crawler Label)
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003251;p=3
i got the 30' by 3" strap (mine is yellow with no wording on it that i can see while it's still rolled up).

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW-
Looks like the yellow straps are made by
http://www.fiberlinkweb.com/tow-strap-1.html

I've noticed that 4wpw has added a disclaimer (Not there when I ordered) stating "style & color may vary"

This isn't the 1st time I've seen them substitute a different item than in the description.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There where a few on the NC4x4 board that ordered those procomp straps and got the yellow ones. Made a call to 4wpw and they sent the right ones. Worth a call.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Their excuse, is Procomp changed manufacturer and those are the new pro comp straps. I said that's total BS, looks like they screwed up in pricing and now they are doing a bait & switch to compensate for the mistake.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BruceTS said:
Their excuse, is Procomp changed manufacturer and those are the new pro comp straps. I said that's total BS, looks like they screwed up in pricing and now they are doing a bait & switch to compensate for the mistake.
cut & pasted from XOC

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 03:25 PM I ordered a 3" x 30' strap from this deal also, and just got it today. It is yellow, so I decided to call Pro Comp. The guy I spoke to said that it is NOT their product and that they've had numerous calls about it. He said that 4 Wheel Parts ordered all the straps Pro Comp had in stock and that they're (Pro Comp) supposed to get more in from Thailand next month. Seeing as how the tsunami hit Thailand pretty good that might be doubtful. It looks like 4 Wheel Parts is sending out non-Pro Comp straps out and trying to pass them off as the real thing. The sheet that came with mine mentioned the brand "Fiberlink", yet my receipt says Pro Comp.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I went into their store and the sales rep told me that story.......lol

The fiberlink one's on their website even looks better than those at 4WPW, look at the loop end and you'll see what I mean.

The supply at their retail store, were both yellow and white, I couldn't find a manufacturers name on them anywhere.....

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
grillmasterp said:
Remember 4wpw Procomp Tow Strap deal back in November

Well - Fortunately I ordered mine early

However- For some that got on the deal late - This is what they received

Looks like 4wpw did the old bait & switch for the ones they could not cover-
I was browsing another forum when one guy described the "Procomp" strap he received - I was like WTF? - (4wpw use to sell Yellow staps under the Canyon Crawler Label)
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003251;p=3
everybody that ordered one of these straps should call the attorney generals offince in there home state plus the state that the Inet orders come from.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grumpy said:
everybody that ordered one of these straps should call the attorney generals offince in there home state plus the state that the Inet orders come from.
- Just to clarify- Many People including myself received the actual Procomp silver straps with wrapped ends- My guess is the late comers might be receiving the substitutes.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
grillmasterp said:
- Just to clarify- Many People including myself received the actual Procomp silver straps with wrapped ends- My guess is the late comers might be receiving the substitutes.
then those that recieved the substitutes should. IMO, After heavy fines, hopefully these type companies will no longer do this kind of crap to their customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts