TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't forget to bring wood!!! The club is only paying for wood for Sat. Night.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Please don't forget to bring wood!!! The club is only paying for wood for Sat. Night.
Hey Bob - How much are you picking up and will you have room for more? Reason for asking, is if you get an extra 1/4 cord we could probably get some peeps (me and Dan for sure, prolly Mike and Eric too) to through in some money for fire on Thurs/Fri.

Call me if you want. 602-319-7120

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark said to pick up $150 worth....thats a little over a 1/2 cord if I get Mesquite

I've got a ton of room - 16' flatbed

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Mark said to pick up $150 worth....thats a little over a 1/2 cord if I get Mesquite

Can you pick up say another 1/4 cord? I'm sure we could get 4+ peeps to contribute ~$20/each for it. It'd be cheaper than picking it up at like QuickTrip and obviously easier since you have the room.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Yes!!! I'll pitch in for some firewood. I just thought about this and asked Tim and he in turn ask me if I was bringing any. Then we figured out that we better do something or we will be drinking in the dark. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts

Holy Crap!!! A 1/2 cord of good Mesquite should be plenty. It'll burn HOT and LONG. That'll melt some Sobe bottles down. Wow, how big a fire are we shooting for?? I'd think that would be enough for a group fire for at least Friday and Saturday and possibly Thursday.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Holy Crap!!! A 1/2 cord of good Mesquite should be plenty. It'll burn HOT and LONG. That'll melt some Sobe bottles down. Wow, how big a fire are we shooting for?? I'd think that would be enough for a group fire for at least Friday and Saturday and possibly Thursday.
Well, maybe have him pick up another 1/4 cord just in case and we can all throw in another ~$15-$20 for good measure. We rather have too much wood rather than not enough...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so should I pick up 1 cord total - if it sounds like enough would be willing to pitch in.

I could buy $135.00 1/2 mesquite "club money and wood for sat"

I could get another 1/2 of mixed for $110.00 and hope enough pitch in?
what do you think?

Oh would also like to know who will be out weds afternoon? and what time?
could sure use some help unloading it all. Unless someone could haul the trailer back for me sunday morning. That would work too then I could leave the trailer out there loaded with wood.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Good gravy, do you guys know how much wood that is???? Do as you see fit, but I think that is a lot.

"A cord is 128 cubic feet of wood stacked tightly. This is typically stacked 4’ high by 4’ wide by 8’ long (4X4X8). "

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
so should I pick up 1 cord total - if it sounds like enough would be willing to pitch in.

I could buy $135.00 1/2 mesquite "club money and wood for sat"

I could get another 1/2 of mixed for $110.00 and hope enough pitch in?
what do you think?

Oh would also like to know who will be out weds afternoon? and what time?
could sure use some help unloading it all. Unless someone could haul the trailer back for me sunday morning. That would work too then I could leave the trailer out there loaded with wood.
Hmmm....Mike (bajaxplor) brought out a full trailer of wood last year and we went through that without a problem - personally, I say we pick up a full cord (1/2 mequite & 1/2 mixed) - I'm sure there will be enough peeps to chip in. Worse case we just hog tie Grumpy and Mark and make the club pay for the extra! :D

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Good gravy, do you guys know how much wood that is???? Do as you see fit, but I think that is a lot.

"A cord is 128 cubic feet of wood stacked tightly. This is typically stacked 4’ high by 4’ wide by 8’ long (4X4X8). "
Well if we don't use it all by Saturday night, we will just have one bigass fire.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts

Mike - How much do you think Mike (bajaxplor) brought out last year? Was that 1/2 cord or more?

I honestly don't know, but I do know we went through that wood last year pretty quick and it won't go to waste.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
T-boob, just do what you said. That sounds fine! I can tell you this. Either way we wont be bringing any back with us! ;)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK gona pick it up tonight. Mark you gona bring the money to azrocks?

T-boob, just do what you said. That sounds fine! I can tell you this. Either way we wont be bringing any back with us! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Sweet..............that gives me some extra room to bring stuff in the truck!!!..........put me down to kick down some fundage.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Mike - How much do you think Mike (bajaxplor) brought out last year? Was that 1/2 cord or more?

I honestly don't know, but I do know we went through that wood last year pretty quick and it won't go to waste.
1/2 cord I think. We really had to burn it up Saturday and there was left over. The coals Sunday morning were smoking hot still.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I'll drop in $20 too. I think we are going to have a crap load extra. Ez for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts