TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this clusterfuck of pink and blue wiring comming off their main door harness on the driver's side? The passenger side was so nice and easy, just the two white clips and bam, and the driver's side has this crap....

Anyone know what this goes too? I found some tags on them, but it just says to door harness side, and I tried to follow them up behind the dash, but lost them without taking the lower dash off. As far as I know, the only wiring that has been done on this truck is my subs/amp and some rear end wiring, all of which was done by me, so I wasn't expecting this.

I guess the best way is to just find another all in one harness and splice it in like that? All of the pink wires can be disconnected, but the blue one is tied in permanently.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well, don't know what they are, but I'm connecting them with a trailer wiring harness I found at ho'reiley's for $3.99 and leaving one of the connections, since there are 5 wires and 4 connections in the trailer harness.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Oh well, don't know what they are, but I'm connecting them with a trailer wiring harness I found at ho'reiley's for $3.99 and leaving one of the connections, since there are 5 wires and 4 connections in the trailer harness.
Sounds like a plan.

Got an aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I used the 6 pin trailer connectors from o'reiley's for mine and they work great. I only have power locks and speakers but I wanted the extra spots for maybe power windows later.

BTW do you ever go to "Soggy Bottoms"?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, soggy bottom is for atv's and mudtrash. I got everything spliced and connected and whatnot, but the fucking brake light fuse is blowing again. The next rig I build with be pre 1970.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah thats kinda what I thought but this buddy of mine from down there won't quit talking about how I need to bring my truck down there.

So your blowing brake light fuses? I can't undertand why that would happen messing with the door stuff.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Kinda old thread, Garrett, but did you take off the doors of your 98 for a while? If so, got pics?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, been away from the forums for a while. And yea, I did run with no doors for a weekend while wheeling.

I've got pics, but they're on my laptop. I'll post them up next week when Time Warner gets their lazy asses out to my house to hook up my interweb.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS, blown 3 fuses in the past 2 days. I'm close to taking it to a shop, but I know the problem is somewhere with the liscense plate light I added on, just can't find the damn short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts