TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this before on the Delphi board a year ago so you might've seen it but removing surface rust from chrome parts can be easily done by rubbing it with tin foil or aluminum foil. just thought i'd share that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
#0000 Steel Wool works great too...that sh!t is awesome removing water spots on the windows.

Hey Gareth...would you have any use for more trimpackers?
I found some in my closet the other day and was gonna throw them away but I thought I'd ask you if you wanted them.

Just checked..I have 1 set(2).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChargedTaco said:
#0000 Steel Wool works great too...that sh!t is awesome removing water spots on the windows.

Hey Gareth...would you have any use for more trimpackers?
I found some in my closet the other day and was gonna throw them away but I thought I'd ask you if you wanted them.

Just checked..I have 1 set(2).
Rossier

Sup Ro....if you're gonna toss them, i'll take em from you. I could use couple more. lemme know and i can grab them from you whenevers. Thanks

Gareth

·
Registered
951 Posts
Coke-cola works great too. It will eat through anything....remember in science class when you left a nail in it fer a few days and it dissolved? I'll have tea thank you...

Boheefus

·
Registered
7 Posts
windex and tinfoil took off 13 years of surface rust on my buddies dirtbike schocks. then i tried it on my old truck bumper... great. use cleaner sparingley almost only as lube almost, but there is amonia that helps break down rust.then wipe clean with papertowel...

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
The best stuff I have ever used is this: Brasso I dunno if they sell it anymore (found it under the sink) but rubs away rust and polishes at the same time. Good stuff, I use it on my dirtbike a lot.

100 Posts
NorcalPR said:
The best stuff I have ever used is this: Brasso I dunno if they sell it anymore (found it under the sink) but rubs away rust and polishes at the same time. Good stuff, I use it on my dirtbike a lot.

Yeah, they still sell it, fantastic stuff and if combined with #0000 wool it does wonders. Don't use on glass!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Used #0000 this weekend on my window water spots. Put some Mothers chrome Polish on the wool and rubbed all the spots off. Then I used the wool on my chrome for more water spots, came right off as well. I wish that there was something as easy to get the paint water spots off. I have used ammonia before but it takes some busting ass before it comes off.

Later,
Bob

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
REDMARLIN WITH SOUL said:
Yeah, they still sell it, fantastic stuff and if combined with #0000 wool it does wonders. Don't use on glass!!!
I just use a old rag and it still gets the job done. Brasso is the shiznet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts