TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe well after a bad experience with a 110volt 2 setting welder and welding with 200' of extension cord my sliders broke off over the past few weeks wheeling the piss outta the taco.. (they've slowly been breaking loose since txtakeover ) after some time and consideration and potentially wanting a body lift in the future, I decided to convert the sliders I bought right before txtakeover to bolt ons.. Meaning I got to play with an air chisel and a fuckin grinder for 4 hrs cutting off the frame plates, grinding down the frame giving it a fresh coat of paint and then cutting/grinding the old legs off the slider tubing.

after some new legs and some bolt on brackets we had laying around (05-07 tacoma slider brackets - prototypes batch that was goofed up)

the end result..

:blingb: :blingb:

In this image you can't see but the frame plate actually goes to the top of the frame rail on the left side of picture but the slider leg is hiding the plate

2 - Grade 10.9 1/2"OD 1 1/4" Bolts
1 - 3/8 Self tapping bolt (bottom of frame rail)

for each frame plate 3 plates per slider.

·
Registered
764 Posts
L brackets or U brackets?

·
Registered
553 Posts
The weld looks solid!... Did you use HREW against the plates? (or is it Chromolly?)

·
Registered
655 Posts
nice...but i would have simply used a plasma cutter to get them off and then grinded it smooth and filled it with a plate ;)

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
have fun with that bottom bolt when you shear the head off. you might want to countersink an allen head bolt into the bottom instead of the bolt you have.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pink Taco said:
have fun with that bottom bolt when you shear the head off. you might want to countersink an allen head bolt into the bottom instead of the bolt you have.
what he said. especially the way you wheel. ;) looks like damn good work though.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
nice clean work Mitch the sliders look stout but like pink said, the bolt in the bottom looks like it could shear off. recommened use of a countersink 3/8" screw.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pink Taco said:

thats the plan. but the 3/8's flush head cap screws were outta stock in our hardware area so we had to order more :D ill remove sliders later and countersink the holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts