TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took a picture of my engine and drew red lines indicating all vacuum lines and their function. I identified about 10 vacuum lines. I was planning to take this to my dealer to order the parts but I know they are twice as much as Dallas Toyota. The problem is that the online parts picker is terrible, basically none of the vacuum lines are shown.

If I have to get these locally it's not too big of a deal but is there any way I can get these online? I could draw arrows (in a drawing SW tool) on the engine picture to identify the lines.

Also, several of these lines are generic hose. Does Toyota sell precut lines for these? I know it's more expensive than generic but it's nice to know it's the correct diameter hose.

i have to get some other more expensive parts from Dallas (that are on the picker) so shipping is not a factor.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I replaced all mine using parts house hose on a spool. There were two sizes and I don’t remember what sizes now. But it wasn’t metric and it did fit like a glove. Look on the underside of the hood and there should be a diagram also of all the vac lines.

I took a sample of each size in and we figured out what I needed. If you go this route use some of the middle of the hose and not an end piece that’s slightly larger having taken the shape of the nipple it’s been on the last 10 years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but most are molded hoses and those are the ones that are cracked or rock hard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

I found a fairly good diagram online and ordered all vacuum lines, cost me about $250 including the main air intake pipe. I ended up with some extras that don't seem to have a match for my truck. It's the 3 that attach to the 3 way adapter 17343H below which I surely don't have unless it's very well hidden somewhere. I suspect it's for the EGR which I don't have.

In diagram below ithe 3 hoses are:

17341T (17341-62060)
17342L (17342-62080)
17343F (17343-62080)

This is a 98 V6 4Wd.
If indeed its not needed I can send these 3 to you showstop or anyone else. Will put in a padded envelope and snail mail it free of charge. PM me address.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts