TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yea its really easy, i found a truck with buckets from my local junkyard, brought them home cleaned them up and they bolted right into my truck all the holes are already there. The only thing i had to do was in the rr hole on the driver and lr hole on the passanger was put a nut on the underside of the truck nbecause mt hole wasnt treaded, but the enitre swap took maybe 20 minutes

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yep perfectly doable and has been done hundreds of times before. Not tryin to get on your, but search for it next time it helps keep alot of useless threads off the board. Thanks! Also search for Saab Seat mods, saab seats bolt in 3 out 4 holes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For the easiest seat swap to buckets, find some bucket seats out of a 95-04 Tacoma. If you're into Leather Power seats, you can bolt in some 4runner Limited seats... but it will require a little modification of your current seats and the new 4runner seats. I myself did the 4runner Limited seat swap because I wanted power seats and Leather. Although I dont really have any complaints about them, I've found that the leather is REALLY FREAKIN cold in the morning/evening and in the snow. If I could do it over, I think I'd just source out some Tacoma seats out of a 01-04 Tacoma. GOODLUCK.

·
Registered
201 Posts
tbst said:
Why? It is a truck. I drive 35K a year.... To me it is not worth a penny.

Because some of us werent blessed with bullet proof vertebrae. I broke my back about 10 years ago racing motocross and its never recovered 100%. So when it comes to comfort, its worth the extra bucks to get what you want. It was definitely worth it for me since I found some 4runner Limited seats w/ leather and power that were actually cheaper than a pair of used manual Tacoma Buckets.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Good explanation. That does make sense. For me it just never seemed rationale. Then again I am a lazy bum and would never do this even if it did hurt like a mother. The only problem with buckets in the trucks at work is that I lose shit all the time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just swapped mine with some celica seats from and older celica and they are way better than that crappy bench. The bench in mine was all worn out and my right ass cheek would go numb if i drove more than 45 minutes, and if you take it wheelin (who would do such a thing) the buckets keep you in place way better than the bench. I just had mine out wheeling today for the first time since the seat swap and instead of sliding all over the bench and having to keep my foot on the clutch to stay in place, I remainded firmly planted in the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im interested in the same mod, only problem is there are NO tacomas in ANY junkers here in PR, trust me ive checked, so i guess ill look for 4runner seats? did the celica seats sit too low ive heard of some seats being too low and having to put spacers but i highly doubt ill have that problem if i had 4runner seats, so what year 4runner for a 2000 ext. cab? what problems will i encounter mounting?

sorry i ask so many questions i just dont like to do any mod unless its a sure thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
danrdz06
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing