TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
As some of you know, I had problems with my Kings with the bottom of the coilover hitting and breaking the brake line. I know this is also a problem with the Donahoe coilovers. In the installation manuals, they want you to bend the metal fitting of the stock lines with a mallet to clearance them.
I just installed Hoe's on my '04 and had to bend the fittings. But, my stock fitting looks almost exactly like the one's on your website so I'm not sure how this would be a "fix" for the rubbing issue with coilovers?? What am I missing?

I'm curious now especially since after bending the fitting, the metal tube piece that surrounds the rubber line as it enters the fitting, is now bent inwards toward the rubber line (slightly flattened) from hitting it with a hammer. I'm afraid the edge of this is going to wear a hole in the rubber line.

I could see how the braided steel lines would last longer if that's the fix you're talking about... ??

I would like to order some replacement lines for the front tomorrow.

· Registered
301 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
You can see the difference it makes when the line exits the caliper and does not go straight up.
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick clarification! Now I'm wondering if I can rotate mine to exit towards the rear? Time to go take a look...

is there any reason why I couldn't cut this 'pin' that holds the fitting in place? Then I could rotate the fitting towards the rear. I just wish I didn't bend this fitting like the Donahoe directions stated until I looked at it more...

Attachments

· Registered
301 Posts
Here you can see the "flat" spot on the metal sleeve I was talking about earlier that happened while bending this fitting. I'm worried that this edge will wear a hole in the rubber brake line.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.