TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have about 103K miles on my 03 Prerunner and I think its time to replace the shocks :) . Was thinking either the 5100 or the HD Bilstein. My truck is fully stock...what do you guys recommend? I was also planning on putting new tires on and was hoping to do the shocks myself unless they are fairly cheap to have put on. Where is the best place to purchase them from?
Thanks

One point I wanted to make on replacing the tires....if I do tires and get an alignment first and then replace the shocks a month later...is there a need for another alignment?

·
Registered
216 Posts
First let me say welcome! If you haven't already, hit up http://tnttora.com/forum/index.php

New shocks can be found from autozone to specialty 4wd websites. It really just depends on what kind of ride you want. Check out toyteclifts.com for your year model. Give them a call to get exact part numbers for your stock truck. I love the way bils ride, but it'll be stiff compared to stock.

You'll be able to put the rear shocks on yourself, no problem. The fronts struts might be more difficult however, depending on how much knowledge you have with the Tacoma suspension. I'd say have a shop do it with a reliable spring compressor if you don't feel comfortable.

If you have any questions feel free to PM myself or anyone from the TN chapter! Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the info. Yea I called a shop and they wanted $100 plus to change the front out, and $80 if I brought the shocks to them off the truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts