TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the latest consensus on this? My searching has only brought up very old threads. I'm curious about products, sound dampening, and durability.

Also, is there a bunch of weird crap under my carpet that I'm going to wish I'd just left covered up in the first place?

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
had that shit in my chevy. Aint no way in hell i would ever do it again , it was loud as fuck from road noise

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
There are wires on the floor. Both sides have a hard rectangular encasement. I was surprised when I pulled my carpet that they were not already cracked. I would be concerned about stepping on them everyday.

After my truck was filled with water I thought about the beliner option. My carpet dried nicely after I pulled it. No smell so I replaced it.

Why are considering doing this?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Heat and road noise will be a motherfucker. Not to mention all of the ducting and wiring that are under our seats and carpet in general.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw man, all negative reviews already! I'm only wanting to do it because my carpet is getting pretty beat and filthy, and full of dog hair all the time. However, if I'm just going to hate it that much maybe I should just vacuum more often...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I herculined mine about 8 years ago and it is holding up fine. I put all the wiring in the black flex conduit to make it look a little better. If you decide to do it there is a type of tar that was used as a sound dampener on the floor, just leave it. I love being able to go to the car wash open the door and start spraying away. For what I use mine for now I would never be able to have carpet since I have the doors off in the summer.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
there was a coating i was thinking about trying a little while back that doubles as heat and sound dampening. ill see if i can find it. i think it was called "slime" or something

EDIT: HERE IT IS

http://www.secondskinaudio.co.uk/liquids.html

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Also, is there a bunch of weird crap under my carpet that I'm going to wish I'd just left covered up in the first place?

Thanks!
Option... for something less permanent

molded vinyl

·
Registered
337 Posts
I Herculined my floorboards, it's awesome. I'm prolly gonna put the other 1/2 gallon on it this summer. If you don't do it, you're a pussy! :lmao:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Muh carpet is still good...
but I been eyeballing it for some time
they used to cost less...
and I should 'ave bought in then :(

toyota specific link

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Muh carpet is still good...
but I been eyeballing it for some time
they used to cost less...
and I should 'ave bought in then :(

toyota specific link

hmmm 120 still isnt bad for that. curious as to how the tan would match the tan interior, so maybe i should just go black.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
curious as to how the tan would match the tan interior, so maybe i should just go black.
I don't think the brwn molding would look bad with tan...

But I gotta go black...
'cause I got this weird blu/gray plastic in muh junk
and nothing comes close

hurry up and put yers in... so's I can see that :D

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I don't think the brwn molding would look bad with tan...

But I gotta go black...
'cause I got this weird blu/gray plastic in muh junk
and nothing comes close

hurry up and put yers in... so's I can see that :D

lol just bought a new grill and a gun...and my carrier bearing is going out...again. it will be a little bit before i get one. you put yours in first;)

Here is mine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

what is that? how is the road noise?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts