TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm in the process of buying a 95 tacoma with a cheap spacer lift and rolling on 33" Claws. The lift is so cheap that the angle of the control arms are too much which prevents the truck to have locked hubs. The CV boots are currently tore up. The seller told me that it has a total of 4 inches of lift. Image is below:

:saw:
Right now, I'm looking for a better lift that will quickly replace the spacers. I'm not looking for a full suspension lift cause its too expensive for my budget. But I was wondering if a combo of adjustable Coilover suspension (0-3.5") and a small 1" body lift (I hate em, but right now, its all budget) will be a better replacement than the spacers? I know the Coilover suspension is a similar idea as spacers, but atleast its adjustable to the point where I'd be able to lock the hubs and go do some minor wheelin'. Right now I've been looking at Fabtechs Coilover lifts but no others that I found. I'm just looking for a pretty good priced combo to clear the 33's that are currently equipped on there. I haven't gotten the truck but, any information on ideas (budget wise) would be helpful. Thanks All and Mahalo!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow that looks terrible. Maybe some 2.0 SAWs cranked up to 2.5", you might be able to clear the 33's with that much, if not get the 1" body lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thats a 3 inch spacer stacked on top of what looks like a home-made 1 inch spacer
Thanks for the info and yeah I was shocked when I seen it in the ad. I haven't bought the truck yet, but just needed some opinions and advice before dropping cash. will having the coilovers cranked maxed maybe 2.5 to 3 (Fabtech has a 0-3.5" setup), will it still have that bad control arm angle? I know it will result in a stiff ride but the ride doesn't matter, as long as i get the CV axles at a safe angle to lock the hubs. Any other coilover setups out there? I'm still doing my research on camburg and donahoe's. Any suggestions when compared to Fabtech?

·
Registered
253 Posts
i would really check over the rest of the truck. Makes me wonder about the other stuff.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Currently I'm in the process of buying a 95 tacoma with a cheap spacer lift and rolling on 33" Claws. The lift is so cheap that the angle of the control arms are too much which prevents the truck to have locked hubs. The CV boots are currently tore up. The seller told me that it has a total of 4 inches of lift. Image is below:

:saw:
Right now, I'm looking for a better lift that will quickly replace the spacers. I'm not looking for a full suspension lift cause its too expensive for my budget. But I was wondering if a combo of adjustable Coilover suspension (0-3.5") and a small 1" body lift (I hate em, but right now, its all budget) will be a better replacement than the spacers? I know the Coilover suspension is a similar idea as spacers, but atleast its adjustable to the point where I'd be able to lock the hubs and go do some minor wheelin'. Right now I've been looking at Fabtechs Coilover lifts but no others that I found. I'm just looking for a pretty good priced combo to clear the 33's that are currently equipped on there. I haven't gotten the truck but, any information on ideas (budget wise) would be helpful. Thanks All and Mahalo!
wow that makes me feel way better about my control arm angle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.