TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to replace the front bumper face bar on my '01 Tacoma since one of the sides is all rotted out with a big hole in it. I was planning on picking up one of these on Amazon and painting it myself... don't really care much about the quality of the final paintjob as long as it's the same color as my truck and not considered a safety hazard when I go to get the truck inspected later this month.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GCFRGA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2N8HD65WP31G8

Does anyone know if the bolts and hardware that are used to hold this thing to the bumper valence, bumper filler and then all that stuff to the truck are likely to be reusable.... or do I need to pick up some new bolts pop-rivets for this?

I haven't had a chance to climb under the truck and look myself due to business travel and want to get this stuff ordered so it's ready to install when I get home so I honestly have no idea how everything is hooked together.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've done a few of these. Most of the hardware will be junk. I had a big ole pile of 10-32 SS with large washers but your can def go up to 1/4-20's or metric equivalent. More than like you'll have to break off the old hardware first but it's a breeze after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts