TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i took my truck to get an alighnment, and i was told they couldnt alighn it b/c both of the inner tre's are worn out.

...so my question is, how hard would it be to change them out myself? and how much would parts cost?

they want 379.91 to replace them, which i would like to save some money by doing it myself...

and i just found that the inners are 100.75 ea. on trdparts4u :mad:

....so i would be saving 170 bucks on labor, assuming i dont need any special tools...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Jump on it Greg. Nothing to it really. I've replaced both of mine already and I think they are worn already again ... more gravel than asphalt.

I wonder if anybody makes a HD replacement?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
i know alan has done his very recently, i'm sure he'll chime in. seem to remember him getting them really cheap off ebay.
-daniel

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found these , looks like they will work, but 35 bucks for the set? they are 200 for the set from trdparts4u. i guess for 35 bucks i cant go wrong?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I bought my train horn off ebay hoping it wasnt gonna be a piece but worked out great for me... I have new faith in ebay now

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blitanicle99 said:
I bought my train horn off ebay hoping it wasnt gonna be a piece of shit but worked out great for me... I have new faith in ebay now

yeah i have been buying alot of crap off ebay latley and i havent had any problems, you just have to make sure that the sell has a good rep.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I replaced mine with stock inners.. It's not hard to do.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went ahead and ordered inners and outers. ill give it a shot, and thanks for the links thad!

doing the inners and outers for 100 bucks. ....saving 300 bucks, how can i not try to do it myself?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
there is a certain size crescent wrench that makes it real easy to do the inners, but can't remember what size it is. hopefully, those links will reference it for ya.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alan11116 said:
there is a certain size crescent wrench that makes it real easy to do the inners, but can't remember what size it is. hopefully, those links will reference it for ya.

yeah i have a decent idea, some said a pipe wrench worked well

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Alan11116 said:
I think its 42mm, but some huge pliers work better.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GOT COPE? said:
Greg I might be willing to help. When ya thinkin bout doing this?
i will probably do them next sunday assuming they come in during they week. i just got a tracking number today so they should be here.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
this sunday coming up or the 31st?
-daniel

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
04tacodrvr said:
this sunday coming up or the 31st?
-daniel
niether. it would actually be the 1st :p

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
10-4

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just got done doing both the inner and the outer tres and it was alot easier than expected. firestone probably would have wanted 600 at least to do both so i saved about 500 bucks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts