TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good replacement tire? Anything cost less and perform better with at least a ride as quiet as the bfgs? preferrably quieter. These are for the stock 16" 2003 "star" wheels.

·
Registered
718 Posts
stay with the BFG, i dont think there is a tire out there that is quiter on the road and still has the off road preformance that the KO has. thats my opinion, i would also have to tell ya to search. there are people out there that have had many different tires on their trucks, they would be the ones that really know how the tires are.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i like the fun country II. kind of spendy. i picked my 305/70/16s up for $170 9 mo ago but a month later they jumped to $205 or something around there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos? They actually got better reviews than the BFG ATs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nevermind, looking through the old posts and its a wash either the BFG or the Revos, neither is better than the other.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
i went from a load c a/t revo on my f250 to a load d fun country II and the ride was a lot smoother

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
From what I have seen, the regular dueler a/t's are better than the revo's. they seem to clean better. I would still have to say to go with the BFG's though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out the General Grabber at2. Good tire. I have had no problem with them and they are much less than bfgs. Very quiet on the road.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the Dueler AT's and they SUCK...never would i buy them again...They dont do shit on or offroad and come out of balance easily...go with the BFG's, thats what my buddies are running and they love them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My nitto tera grapplers are quiet and smoother than the BFG A/T. I couldn't ever get them balanced well. Of course I have steel rims so it will be tough, but the BFG only lasted me 16,000miles. That may be why it was such a crappy ride though...bad set...but they were covered under warranty so I thought I'd try out the Nittos, not sure how they are offroad yet.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
My nitto tera grapplers are quiet and smoother than the BFG A/T. I couldn't ever get them balanced well. Of course I have steel rims so it will be tough, but the BFG only lasted me 16,000miles. That may be why it was such a crappy ride though...bad set...but they were covered under warranty so I thought I'd try out the Nittos, not sure how they are offroad yet.
Also consider the Toyo Open Country AT's. Nearly identical tread to the nittos, hard compound but still grip, and have deeper siping.

And I wont do BFG's anymore. Didn't wear well on my truck and wasn't impressed for the price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm a big fan of my Dueler Revos. I've had them for over 30K, have worn really well, quiet on the road, kick ass in the snow and off road, and only cost like $40 more per tire since the time I bought them 2 years ago :dunno:. Supply and demand I guess...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Those must have been a bad set. My AT's still have a lot of tread left with 45,000 mi. I would go with the BFG AT's unless you just want a trail rig or don't use it on road much. You will be hard pressed to find a longer lasting, quiter tire for the price. Also, search!

·
Registered
314 Posts
My first set (31's) I sold with 50,000 to upgrade to 33 BFG Mud. They were great. This last set, the warranty saved me!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My first set (31's) I sold with 50,000 to upgrade to 33 BFG Mud. They were great. This last set, the warranty saved me!
MT is a softer compound. Totally different application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts