TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need my front axle regeared and my arb locker installed.......anybody have any suggestions on a dependable well rounded gear shop to do the install?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ive heard good things about Central 4 Wheel Drive in Sac. I might be having my rear end done there soon. You could give them a try - 1-800-676-2325

·
Registered
40 Posts
I may be wrong but from what i understant Central 4 Wheel Drive is getting out of the buisness of installing diff. gears...I called them awhile back and thats what iwas told......buckshot1.......has been using someone up above Sac and has had good luck.....i just cant rememberr the name of the shop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I here good things about four wheel drive specialties in concord from a few members on the board. Petes gears in hayward did my rear end. Expensive, but no problems. Should have bought my own master install kit.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buchshot1 said:
I use inchworm gear. And I believe hytenor had his done by inchworm also. Jim is a good guy.
I was thinking about going with inchworm,I didnt want to drive out there but if they are good I may do that...they seem pretty popular!

·
Registered
650 Posts
i second rear end specialties in the bay, and AJ uses FWPW a lot as well in sac since he has hook ups there. just stay away from river city diffs... dude smokes way too much herb to even put legos together straight (aka--we've had a lot of gears go boom when installed by him)..

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
snowchucker said:
i second rear end specialties in the bay, and AJ uses FWPW a lot as well in sac since he has hook ups there. just stay away from river city diffs... dude smokes way too much herb to even put legos together straight (aka--we've had a lot of gears go boom when installed by him)..
Thanks for the heads up Chuck!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Davis3000 said:
Thanks for the heads up Chuck!
Talk to Tedd (SAS Tundra from SoCal) about River City Diffs.

To make a long story short, Tedd is on a schedule and his truck is getting chopped up a long way from home. He gets fucked by RCD, and we end up taking the diff out of my roommate's truck to get him back home.

I had my gears done at RCD and things turned out great, but others have not had such good luck.

YMMV.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I say inchworm is good too, he had his buddy set up my dana 44 gears and they did a great job. I would also say check out west coast diffs in sac. they set up alot of gears.

·
Rock Vapor
170 Posts
Mike said:
Talk to Tedd (SAS Tundra from SoCal) about River City Diffs.

To make a long story short, Tedd is on a schedule and his truck is getting chopped up a long way from home. He gets fucked by RCD, and we end up taking the diff out of my roommate's truck to get him back home.

I had my gears done at RCD and things turned out great, but others have not had such good luck.

YMMV.

Later,
....Mike
My nigel got up just thinking about that.

I finally got to meet Andy this weekend tho!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts