TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I'm hoping some can provide some user experience with the OEM Bilstein
TRD shocks. I've replaced the orignal TRD Bilstein shocks at 50k on my '00 TRD Taco. Now at 98k they need replacement again. I've read somewhere that the dealer Bilsteins are not as good as the after market Bilsteins - can any one confirm this?

The ride of the TRD Bilsteins are fine for me - no soft and not harsh, IMHO. Anyone know what afftermarket shock would be comapareable to the TRD Bilsteins from the stealership?

And lastly, I'm going to replace the steering rack bushings - they're wamped out. Which leads me to think about all the other suspension bushings. It would be sweet if someone could recommended bushing kit.

I appreciate the help and hints, Dan

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a set of bushings. I can sell'em to you. DC rack bushings poly!

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Howdy,
I'm hoping some can provide some user experience with the OEM Bilstein
TRD shocks. I've replaced the orignal TRD Bilstein shocks at 50k on my '00 TRD Taco. Now at 98k they need replacement again. I've read somewhere that the dealer Bilsteins are not as good as the after market Bilsteins - can any one confirm this?

The ride of the TRD Bilsteins are fine for me - no soft and not harsh, IMHO. Anyone know what afftermarket shock would be comapareable to the TRD Bilsteins from the stealership?

And lastly, I'm going to replace the steering rack bushings - they're wamped out. Which leads me to think about all the other suspension bushings. It would be sweet if someone could recommended bushing kit.

I appreciate the help and hints, Dan
The aftermarket Bilsteins are essentially the same as the 5100 series Bilsteins (aka "HD's"). They are bigger in overall diameter, and thus less likely to fade. As such, they are arguably better than the smaller diameter OEM TRD Bilsteins. However, the aftermarket Bilsteins are also valved differently, resulting in what some claim is a slightly stiffer ride. Whether that equates to a comparable ride to the TRD Bilsteins is somewhat subjective.

As for the steering rack bushings, I've not had the need to replace mine yet, but I know that Energy Suspension makes them. You can buy the Energy Suspension bushings at 4WPW. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts