TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have grown tired of my piece of junk (read: 2006 2wd V6 Dodge Dakota) and I feel like upgrading to a tundra. They have always been some of my favorite trucks and I feel like it would be a decent truck to take to college with me. Here's the thing. I am looking for a 2000 to 2005 access cab 4wd V8 preferably trd tundra. I want one without about 45k to 65k. Now, not only are trucks like this hard to find, but they are also ridiculously overpriced. I am talking 3k to 4k over blue book. How much should I realistically pay for one of these trucks? I mean holding value isn't bad, especially in this economy, but this is crazy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
3-4 over BB is a lot, unless BB is claiming a 2K Tundra is only worth 3-4K in the first place, or the truck has a shitload of mods.

For a 2K Tundra, I'd expect to pay between 6-12K depending on condition, base packages, mods, service and accident history.

If you're planning to mod the truck, don't bother getting the TRD package, it's just shocks and stickers...no rear locker (the Toyota LSD is nothing compared to a locker). Also try to find one without ABS, if you're familiar with how to drive without it.

Dented/damaged bumpers and low tread on tires aren't a big deal either...if you're going offroad, those will be replaced as well. Might help you get a better deal on a truck that KBB, owner, and most of the general public think is "fair" or "poor" condition, not realizing that those parts will find their way to a recycler anyway. What matters most is the frame is straight, minimal rust, engine and drivetrain in good working order, cab and doors not obviously dented or damaged. Fenders, hood, bedsides, and bumpers can all be replaced with aftermarket parts.

-Sean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM me with your truck 02.

Now, I am not really looking to modify. The trick though is finding an 00 to 02 with under 100,000 miles though. Still not finding a decent deal. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep an eye out in the classifieds in the Sun Herald and in the penny pincher auto section. I see tundra's in there every once in a while in the surrounding areas (I'm just north of Gulfport in McHenry)

If I hear of one nearby or see one somewhere, I'll shoot you a PM on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys don't hurt me lol, but would any of ya'll happen to know of a Ford forum similar to this? I can't seem to find a quality one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been offered 13k for my 03 2wd with a few minor mods, and i'm not even trying to sell it. People down here love toyota trucks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts