TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted their reservoirs anywhere besides on the frame in front of the suspension? I am just wonder if there's a safer place to put them where they will be less susceptible to a rock hit or something like that. Or is the front of the frame the best place for them?

·
Registered
450 Posts
mount it to the shock hoop or when building the hoop and a tube coming off of the hoop and mount it there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No hoop yet...just a bolt on Camburg kit.

·
Registered
700 Posts
why not just put em on the frame up front like usual, and build a little skid plate off the frame to protect the resi's from rocks? shouldnt be too hard.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So you are talking just the Camburg replacement kit right? I thought you whear talking about LT.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BRUUUP said:
So you are talking just the Camburg replacement kit right? I thought you whear talking about LT.

No its Camburg LT, but no shock hoop, I'm running a single SAW w/ reservoir.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CentralCoastTaco99 said:
why not just put em on the frame up front like usual, and build a little skid plate off the frame to protect the resi's from rocks? shouldnt be too hard.

I guess I could do that. I'll have to wait till my kit gets here and take a look at it. I do a lot of different kinds of wheeling, including some light rock crawling, and I dont want my reservoirs right up front where they could easliy get damaged. I'll figure it out once I have the parts in front of me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
buy a secondary shock with a new shock hoop then mount the resi on the new shock hoop..haha very impractical but hey if you really don want your resi in front then thats an option..hahah

Or buy the shock mount/hoop then mount your resi on that...then later you can buy a secondary shock haha :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts