TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this company or used retreads in general? I saw this company on my Petersens Offroad this past issue. If retreads are good enough for Semi-trucks I suppose they would be fine for other uses.

http://www.treadwright.com/

·
20,355 Posts
There are a few on here who have them, as well as my roommate. They seem to be a good product.

·
7,735 Posts
I have some on my 85 that I stole from TowerRiggers old truck (when I semi-parted it out)... Seemed to work ok for him. I've yet to run them tho.

They are 305/70/16's with MTR carcass. I'm not sure what tread pattern they were going for, but it doesn't look like the old MTR tread. He did get that walnut shell whatever compound. Ike was telling me that they change up the tread patterns pretty frequently (or maybe it was the name) so I have no idea what a current tire would look like.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am bummed they do not make a 35 inch tire, but I will probably pick up a set for the Willys wagon I am building

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm on my second set, just went on a couple weeks ago. I had the MT/G first time around (now called the Guard Dog, pictured above by 4x4 Yota). This time I went with the Warden (BFG AT design). I've had some balancing issues. I should have a full review on the main board in a couple weeks when I can sit down and put the needed time in. Until then, they aren't bad for the price, but I'm on the fence. My review will explain in better detail.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I was going to buy one for a spare, as a test run, but they have been backordered for the last couple of months.

·
Registered
175 Posts
just thought id chime in. I've had them for a couple thousand now and all I can say is wow. For the price nothing is better. Of course your going to have balancing issues, One of my tires used 4 oz and yes it looks stupid but its balanced... I've had them on the trail a couple times in snow and mud and they performed just as well as the real things. And yes it took 3 weeks for them to get here back ordered but the customer service is great! So far so good! but things could change, as for now these tires are great! Go buy some! :2cents:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts