TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some height adjustable Bilstein's on the front of my '98 Tacoma today and noticed that there were no rubber coil spring isolators on the upper coil buckets when I removed the RevTek spacers. The struts and spacers came off my friend's '03 DC when he went to c/o's and went onto my truck since my struts were shot. I actually helped install the RevTek spacers on his struts years ago, but I don't recall if there were ever rubber coil spring isolators on there and if they had to be removed. I also installed height adjustable 5100's (front) and 5125's (rear) on my neighbor's truck today as well, and she did have rubber coil spring isolators on her stock struts. My truck seems to ride well and doesn't seem to be making a lot of noise. Do I even need them? Any input? If I do need them, does anyone have any lying around?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's hard to believe none of you have any of these around after doing suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Metal on metal is no bueno... I'd say find some rubber isolators.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you mean these?

Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look like the ones. Mine were not there when I took the RevTek spacers off. When I did all new Bilstein's on my neighbor's truck, they were present. So I knew for sure what I was missing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metal on metal is no bueno... I'd say find some rubber isolators.
I agree, but mine don't seem to rattle around. I'm on stock springs for the moment, but will probably switch to the Eibach/ToyTec like everyone else does. Seems to work.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What were those revtek spacers made of? If they were a polyurethane material and were in between the coil and top plate, then maybe they were acting as insulators. Either way those can be bought from any auto parts store I think. Here http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1998-Toyota-Tacoma-Prerunner-2WD/Coil-Spring-Insulator/_/N-jdw2qZ8oy9u?filterByKeyWord=tacoma+coil+insulator&fromString=search
RevTek spacers are aluminum. Most of the aftermarket isolators seem to have built in lift. Like 1"+, which isn't what I was looking for.

The isolators in the link you posted look like they would work. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have some that you can have for free (just have to find them). Just pay the shipping and they are yours. I will be out of town though leaving tonight and getting back Sunday if you want to wait. I can send them out Monday for you. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts