TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive looked at Toytec, Cornfed, Revtek, etc.. and it seems they all make good spacer kits. Has anyone heard any disaster stories about Revtek before i put this left on my kit?? if you have please let me know. im going to wait til this weekend to order it and put it on because i wanted to hear what you guys had to say.
thanks
-darren
p.s. this has probably been beaten to death but just had to do it one more time for myself since im getting the kit.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
ok ive looked at Toytec, Cornfed, Revtek, etc.. and it seems they all make good spacer kits. Has anyone heard any disaster stories about Revtek before i put this left on my kit?? if you have please let me know. im going to wait til this weekend to order it and put it on because i wanted to hear what you guys had to say.
thanks
-darren
p.s. this has probably been beaten to death but just had to do it one more time for myself since im getting the kit.
nothing wrong with them there just expensive compared to others

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I ran the Revtek for 2-3 years and never had a problem with it other than the harsh ride which you'll get from all spacer lifts. For the same amount of cash you could get an OME set-up though. OME 882's and N91SC's and it will ride better.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
thanks
-darren
Dont forget the Tuff Country version:

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacoma mods/tc3inchspacerlift/tc3spacer.htm

Peri has been very happy with it and has been putting it to good use.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh one more thing now i thought about it, they use a block in the rear, are AAL better or any other set up? i hate the way an AAL looks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
revtek comes with a block for a rear and toytec uses AAL setup, i dont know what a shackle is, ive never seen one before.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
revtek comes with a block for a rear and toytec uses AAL setup, i dont know what a shackle is, ive never seen one before.
A longer shackle will provide lift, the lift will be ~%50 of how much longer the shackle is than the stock one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
thanks
-darren
I ran the revtek for two years with no problems from it, but now it is sitting in the garage needing to be sold.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would buy it but i wanna start with a complete fresh kit, maybe try posting it on the for sale thread. someone will wanna pick one up for sure if you want to.
-darren

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
thanks
-darren

I am late to this thread but my 2 cents is that the "kit" from revtek includes a rear block to lift the back end. With such a mild lift it is too soon to rely on axle wrap inducing blocks. Get a kit that inclused an AAL or shackle.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn the more i look into this the more confused i get, i really like the look of the toytec spacers with the machined spacer and it leaves me with the choice of whatever kind of shock i want to get. so if i get the toytec what rear shock should i get then. i want a soft ride in the rear. i have a prerunner with bilsteins now in front and back, i think im going to keep the front but i have to change the back. anyone that has toytec please help me pick out a good shock for the back.
gracias again
-darren

·
Registered
787 Posts
The bils are a great shock. The only other experience I have is the rancho rs5000 and they suck. Its like cracking teeth over every bump. Stay with the bils, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
damn the more i look into this the more confused i get, i really like the look of the toytec spacers with the machined spacer and it leaves me with the choice of whatever kind of shock i want to get. so if i get the toytec what rear shock should i get then. i want a soft ride in the rear. i have a prerunner with bilsteins now in front and back, i think im going to keep the front but i have to change the back. anyone that has toytec please help me pick out a good shock for the back.
gracias again
-darren
bilstein 5100's are good for it's price...but they are in back order...i've been waiting for mine to come for over 3 weeks...you might wanna get the 5150s if you don't wanna wait...

·
Registered
662 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
i would buy it but i wanna start with a complete fresh kit, maybe try posting it on the for sale thread. someone will wanna pick one up for sure if you want to.
-darren
Yeah, it's not really ready to be sold yet anyway. I need to quit working on my truck and get it cleaned up, so it will sell. It is never-ending :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
The bils are a great shock. The only other experience I have is the rancho rs5000 and they suck. Its like cracking teeth over every bump. Stay with the bils, you won't be sorry.
yeah same here I had the ranchos and I like the ride of my Bilsteins a lot better.

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
796 Posts
I got the ToyTec kit with the short AALs, and decided to go with Pro-Comp MX6 rear shocks, since I could adjust 6 levels damping from soft to hard. I keep it towards the softer setting to make up for the harshness of the AAL, then set them to the highest setting when I load the bed with building materials or tools.

The Rancho RS9000 has 9 levels of adjustment. I should've gotten those, since they have a Remote Control System that can be used with this shock to adjust the ride from inside the cab. There's an article on it in the latest issue of 4WPW's Off-Road Adventures magazine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
FlipSideUp
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing