TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My revtek 3" lift kit is going to be swapped with a fabtech 0-3.5 performance lift kit.. My revtek never gave me problems with my cv's and would like to keep the fabtech about same height as where my revtek was.. If I measure the space between my tire and the fender before i remove the revtek and keep the same measurement when i install the fabtech, would that be the easier way to set this kit where I want it.. I've read that going too high might/can hurt your cv's.. I wasn't the one that installed the revtek kit, but is it very simple to just swap the two kits, other than having to get an alignment on my truck after the swap. No compressor needed, but just basic tools?

Now, correct me if i'm wrong, if I want to find out how much lift i have where i set the locking nut, do i measure how many inches the thread is showing from the nut to where the thread starts.. thanks..

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
If I measure the space between my tire and the fender before i remove the revtek and keep the same measurement when i install the fabtech, would that be the easier way to set this kit where I want it..
Measuring lift should always be done from the center of the hub to the fender.

I've read that going too high might/can hurt your cv's..
This is correct. As you go higher, you increase the angle that your CV axle sits. This will also strain your CV axles considerably at full drop.

I wasn't the one that installed the revtek kit, but is it very simple to just swap the two kits, other than having to get an alignment on my truck after the swap. No compressor needed, but just basic tools?
Correct. It's a simple swap of the entire shock assembly. Just comes out with 3 bolts on top and the big one on the bottom. TIP: Disconnect your sway bar before you get started. It will make things go much easier.

Now, correct me if i'm wrong, if I want to find out how much lift i have where i set the locking nut, do i measure how many inches the thread is showing from the nut to where the thread starts.. thanks..
As spring rates and trucks vary, there is no easy way to pre-set your coilovers before installing them. You've pretty much got to adjust them once they are on the truck and the suspension has been cycled (move it up and down the driveway). Start with where they are now and go from there.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
As interex stated, start with the basics, then adjust from there. Make sure you cycle the suspension by driving around, then recheck it. IMO, measure from the front frame to the ground, then try to match that dimension when you adjust the CO. Also, when you adjust the CO, jack the front end off the ground. This will make the adjusting much easier. You will be taking the tension off the adjuster nut.:2cents:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts