TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im starting to build up a decent amount of chips on my rocker panels from gravel roads. I've considered rhino lining the rocker panels but cant seem to find a picture of what i have in mind. I wasn't able to find a picture of what rhino lined rockers would look like with color matched fenders, Im not really wanting to line the whole fender so would i stop when i got to the fender or should i paint a strait line right on through? If you have ran into this dilemma before and have any advice or pictures of your rig i'd really like to see them. That way i can finally make the decision to do this or not.

Heres what she looks like now.

By toysofgold at 2012-05-05

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the hight of the liner on your buddies rig but Im really interested to see one with fenders that are the same paint as the truck and what the rhino would look like next to them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can always get the chrome trim on the rockers like they have here in vegas down in lil mexico

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know out of all the ideas... that would be one of um. It does look good on some trucks but black is what im going for. Its just a matter of time before i black out the mirrors and and the grill.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
946 Posts
When I bought my truck in 2004, someone had previously painted the rockers, but only from the molding line near the bottom of the door down. Looks like they used some sort of rubber undercoating. It has held up for 8 years, but is finally faded, and has some patches missing from branches etc.

I just bought some 3M undercoating to redo it. I am just going to spray it down and see how it bonds with the old material. I did one section last week as a test, and it looks really nice.

Certainly Rhinolining etc would hold up better, but that stuff is expensive, and fades over time anyway. Had a buddy use Herculiner, and it got all faded and chalky after a couple years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts