TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
FL VP
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go...I will be setting a run for all who wish to join in...This will be Sunday September 17th cause if its on the 20th we'll be going on a wednesday and dont think that will work..So plan ahead this will be fun...Post up if your in and I'll get some more details set.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Where exactly is Richloam? How far of a drive from JAX? I really want to make it. Just gotta plan for gas $$$...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm wondering where it is as well. I'll be all settled in Indialantic by then and that's the weekend before I start at my new hospital.

Tim

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok bosco....here is a link from mapquest. 2 hours and 52 min / 166 miles. \
of course how fast do you drive? lol. Could take more or less time. There is a map too to give you an idea of where it's at too. Get ur butt down here!
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%3d%3d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=Jacksonville&1s=FL&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Richloam+&2s=FL&2z=&r=f

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Richloam is about 50 miles south of Ocala. It's maybe 10 minutes east of I75, off of SR50. I think the name of the closest town(more like intersection) is called tarrytown.

·
FL VP
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
bosco said:
Where exactly is Richloam? How far of a drive from JAX? I really want to make it. Just gotta plan for gas $$$...
Im about 15 min from Richloam...When I drive to say Neils area...thats about 2 1/2 hour drive for me...Richloan is a 56,000 acre play aera...Here is a link that will tell more about it http://myfwc.com/RECREATION/cooperative/richloam.asp the link there is a spot that says Regulations Summary for Richloam...click that...It will give you a map of the area of Richloam...right above that there is a link that says Withlacoochee State Forest click that then go down towards the bottom and click on General Map of Withlacoochee State Forest (in pdf format) click that and see that this state Forest covers 7 different areas and what a huge amount of wheeling is to be done in this area alone...In that map the area of Richloam ( G) on the map is sitting above a pink area...That place is called the green swamp ..( listed in a different area ) but that is a area that can be run to ...I have never seen a ranger..I have never seen anyone doing things they shouldn't..The maps are well layed out...and the trails that are closed are marked...In Richloam I think I know of 2 trails that are closed and thats it...I know there is more but this place is huge...there is also places to camp there...I hope this helps out some...Let me know if you need anything eles

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
02tacotim said:
I'm wondering where it is as well. I'll be all settled in Indialantic by then and that's the weekend before I start at my new hospital.

Tim
Which one are you going to be working at?

Bryan I might be interested in running down to richloam w/ you if you go. I could meet you in ocala where 301 and 441 meet and we could go down toether.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:
Which one are you going to be working at?

Bryan I might be interested in running down to richloam w/ you if you go. I could meet you in ocala where 301 and 441 meet and we could go down toether.

That sounds good. I will confirm with you when it gets closer. I should be a go though! :kewl:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Looks like it's only about 2 hrs from me so I should be able to make it. I am looking forward to meeting with you guys and getting involved. I'm going to work for Brevard Emergency Services and they staff the ER's at Holmes Regional and Palm Bay Community Hosptial with Dr's and PAs. Should be a lot of fun and excitement. I'm not ready to settle into a Mon-Fri 9-5 job yet. Still enjoy the blood, guts and split second decisions. They hired both my wife and I (were both PAs) and the money was well worth leaving the wheeling in NC for the cash and getting back to surfing full time. I want my kids to grow up surfing like I did. Sorry for the hi jack.

Tim

1 - 20 of 44 Posts