TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone was thinking of going out to Richloam during hunting season forget it. I went out there this morning to go hunting and that place is a zoo. They let you run dogs out there, and I think everyone with a truck and a dogbox was out there. I love to hunt with dogs but when we hunt we usualy have a small group that gets together. I was only out there a couple hours and I bet I saw at least 200 trucks. It was like a parade of orange vests and dogboxes.lol And now I know why the law did not say anything to us when we where fixing Joe and Tims trucks and they pulled up. Our little trucks don't hurt anything compared to what these rednecks are driving out there. It looks like they took there mud trucks and put a dogbox in the back and called it done. I saw one guy running 2.5 rockwells with with big ass tractor tires on his chevy. I bet he couldn't lift a dog up high enough to put it in his box. As soon as hunting season ends we will have to go out again If anyone goes out there before then, wear camo and hang half out the window when you drive by them. They might think you are related and let you go by without giving you the death stare from atop of their dogbox.lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
I hunt Richloam all the time. I have a camp out at mega hole. All you have to do is get out in a block of woods..... The dog hunters don't get to far from the road for some reason. I was out there opening weekend and that Sunday I shot a five and a 4 point about 30 seconds apart. If you want to hook up and go let me know.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get out there to your stand before they do, it would not be bad. The places that I had scouted out before season to hunt have all just been cut, so I was looking in some other areas today. I may go back to Homossassa next weekend. We have gotten 2 hogs out of there so far.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was seeing a lot out by the south end of the powerlines about 2 months ago. I saw some rooting that looked fresh, but they already had dogs out in that block so I left. They have gotten about 15 out of Homosassa. We have just been stalking through the swamps and finding them. The 2 we got where 70 and 78 pound sows. Not huge, but good eating size. I think the biggest taken so far was 180. I stoped at Chaz on my way home saturday, and they have gotten 34 I think. The guy at the check station said it was about 250.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've only wheeled richloam 1x in the summer. it was dry and I was following people and knew nothing of where I was. I'd like to try the place again with a small group.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you still have your 4runner after hunting season ends we can try to get a ride together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts