TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered the richmond lock right about a month ago (replacing the first i bought, due to a cracked coupler and blown rear end.) they sent me one wrong coupler and one right one. i called richmond and let them know that they did and i was told one was being shipped out "right away". here it is two weeks later and no coupler i called this morning and they were being machined. wtf, why couldnt he just tell me its going to be a few weeks?? now they are going to SHIP OUT the middle of next week. i am very un happy with the richmod CS. has anyoune else had trouble with richmond??

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My no-slip took several weeks to ship. When i first got it one of the couplers would not seat properly. It was the right part number just machined wrong. The replacement they sent me went in ok but had an obvious machining flaw so the active spacer would not sit right. I was able to use the grinder on my dremmel to clean that up and get it working. Luckly I had bought a spare 3rd member to work on and did not start pulling the tail end apart before i got the locker completely in the housing.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
costman13 said:
ordered the richmond lock right about a month ago (replacing the first i bought, due to a cracked coupler and blown rear end.) they sent me one wrong coupler and one right one. i called richmond and let them know that they did and i was told one was being shipped out "right away". here it is two weeks later and no coupler i called this morning and they were being machined. wtf, why couldnt he just tell me its going to be a few weeks?? now they are going to SHIP OUT the middle of next week. i am very un happy with the richmod CS. has anyoune else had trouble with richmond??
I had a similar issue when searching for an active spacer to replace the broken one from my powertrax no-slip..

they told me to order one from their distributors that they were in stock.. upon doing so the distributor told me they are on a months backorder ! called richmond back and questioned them as to why they wanted me to order a backordered part that was in stock. Guy in tech department kindly walked out to the shop and found me a " Used - active spacer " and mailed it to me free of charge.. Then I went back to distributor and ordered a new spring kit.. no problems since and many thousand miles later :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
99FlowedTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing