TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: i have a 2004 3.4ltr,auto,4 door, and why is it that there are hardly any aftermarket parts for a 2004. everyone seems to cut off at 2003. i even contacted my local toyota dealer and he told me the trd part was not available for a 2004. i asked him if i used the 2003 parts, because it's all the same, if it would work and he said no it would void my warranty:mad: . i bought it certified and don't want to screw up my coverage, but i want to get an intake that would help my fuel milage.....:confused: WHATS A FELLA TO DO?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
this really depends how tech savvy you are. ANYTHING you do is going to void your warranty. If you know what you are doing, when you take the truck in to get serviced, just take the intake off and put stock back on...it doesnt take too long.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i have had a hard time convincing people that some parts made for the 03 models will work on my 04. what TRD part are you looking for to install on your truck? i would say that if you are going to upgrade your truck, save up to get what you really want to do that. taking short cuts now will mean that you will end up spending more in the long run. good luck with the parts people.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:confused: i have a 2004 3.4ltr,auto,4 door, and why is it that there are hardly any aftermarket parts for a 2004. everyone seems to cut off at 2003.
i've never ran into that problem before:confused: any thing that i've wanted was no problem to get and it did'nt void my warranty.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
this really depends how tech savvy you are. ANYTHING you do is going to void your warranty. If you know what you are doing, when you take the truck in to get serviced, just take the intake off and put stock back on...it doesnt take too long.
wrong.. whatever mod you do has to be proven to cause the failure before they deny the warranty...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
:confused: i have a 2004 3.4ltr,auto,4 door, and why is it that there are hardly any aftermarket parts for a 2004. everyone seems to cut off at 2003. i even contacted my local toyota dealer and he told me the trd part was not available for a 2004. i asked him if i used the 2003 parts, because it's all the same, if it would work and he said no it would void my warranty:mad: . i bought it certified and don't want to screw up my coverage, but i want to get an intake that would help my fuel milage.....:confused: WHATS A FELLA TO DO?!?!?!
tell them its a 2003 when buying parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts