TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CO wheelers,

After a lull in activity, I'm looking to expand the number of wheeling buddies and tag along on some trips.

Not much of a snow wheeler, but we do run Dry Creek outside of Montrose which stays pretty clear most of the year. Not the 9 and 10 difficulty trails (Die Trying etc), more like Topless, Scratch & Dent, Calamity canyon.

Not a fan of the crowds in Moab so tend to head out there off season.
Have done nearly all of the San Juans of course. Plus Mt. Blanca in the south.

Interested in some central peaks runs in the spring and in finding a trusted spotter to finally do Hell's Gate and the Escalator on Hells Revenge.

Would be up for hosting/leading a San Juan's event.

Running a '93 pickup, 3.4 swap, SAS, elockers front and rear, dual cases 4.7 in rear, on 33s. Looking to go up to 37"s at some point.

History goes something like this:

Bought pickup to haul dirt bike. Also to run mountain roads to trail heads.
Nearly got stuck in a storm on a remote San Juan trail. Decided to upgrade some stuff.
33s + IFS lift + rear elocker + front lock-rite.
Started hitting moab. Sick of riding clutch. Dual cases. 4.7 in rear.
Broke IFS steering idler arm out near Lockhart Basin. Long drive home. Decided a SAS was cheaper than a tow out of some of these places.
Blew 3.0 HG while picking up front solid axle and e-locker in Cortez.
3.4 swap from 98 TRD Taco found in CL for $1k.
Started running Dry Creek trails (Montrose CO). Broke birfs. Installed Longfields.
Broke knuckle studs. Upgraded them and did 5th stud mod.
Large case ford alt as on-board welder. 9000lb winch.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome! Nice rig! I haven't run much yet with my truck being up and running so definitely interested in doing San Juan run(s) this year.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome, have you ever ran rifle range road, just west of Monte vista

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome, hello from another 4corners member! The wife and I usually run biweekly trails in the San Juans, might have to meet up this year for some runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
kemosabee
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing