TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is trying to install some 4:88 gears in his 02 TRD Taco. The gears he got from Randys Ring and pinion are ygtv6-488 they are Yukon gears.
Everything is the same exept the pinion flange from the stock R&P is larger than the new pinion at the splines.

I guess the question is, does he have the wrong R&P or the wrong flange?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm pretty sure with the 02 and newer you need a new flange, the spline count is different I believe. I think marlin sells them, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So he most likely has the correct r&p? I could not find any info on the web with the part # he gave me.

What is the stock application for the flange he needs?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Rock Hugger said:
So he most likely has the correct r&p? I could not find any info on the web with the part # he gave me.

What is the stock application for the flange he needs?
if they were the wrong gears, ie. non-trd they wouldn't fit at all...different bolt pattern and # ;)

the spline problem surfaces again...sign...Randy's knows about this and should have sent what is needed or at least told him about the problem.

don't have the flange pt# for you :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think Randys would warn the customer buying gears for that application that they must get (whether or not buying it from Rndys) another flange. :rolleyes:

They called around to some shops and one guy had his shop # forwarded to his cel. The shop owner went to the shop to meet my buddy and got them the flange hey needed :xbeer3:

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Rock Hugger said:
I would think Randys would warn the customer buying gears for that application that they must get (whether or not buying it from Rndys) another flange. :rolleyes:

They called around to some shops and one guy had his shop # forwarded to his cel. The shop owner went to the shop to meet my buddy and got them the flange hey needed :xbeer3:
yea, one would think :rolleyes:

but then Randy's doesn't exactly have a great rep here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts