TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if you guys knew anybody around N.GA that will change out ring& pinions for a decent price or if anyone on here did it on the side...

the off-road shop by me wants $900 to do with if i bring them the chunks and my own parts :eek:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Kinda Expensive on the price.. PORC and Modular Powerhouse(Cyro gear setup) has done all my Toy diffs. I've heard good things about Classic City, had good work done by then with my 44 and 60. I dunno what Heath and Matt are charging at Knuckle Busters 4x4 in Cartersville.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
67 Posts
$900 is way too much. You could ship everything to PORC and pay to ship it back for almost half that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i about fell out when they told me it was going to be $900 for labor. I'm located in Cumming/ Forsyth County area.

do you guys have the phone numbers or contacts for any of these shops?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Kinda Expensive on the price.. PORC and Modular Powerhouse(Cyro gear setup) has done all my Toy diffs. I've heard good things about Classic City, had good work done by then with my 44 and 60. I dunno what Heath and Matt are charging at Knuckle Busters 4x4 in Cartersville.

Where are you located?
Modular Powerhouse set up your Toy diff? Tim tuned my Mustang when he was still up in Alpharetta, didn't really get more power out of it but boy it ran nice when he was done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
rock_solid said:
yeah i about fell out when they told me it was going to be $900 for labor. I'm located in Cumming/ Forsyth County area.

do you guys have the phone numbers or contacts for any of these shops?

PORC 706-548-9393 It would take about an hour and 15 miuntes to get there from Cumming. Hwy 369 East to Hwy 129 South, South on the 10 loop in Athens, get off the Mall Exit and go right, shops about 1 mile on left down Commerce Blvd.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
justinh said:
Modular Powerhouse set up your Toy diff? Tim tuned my Mustang when he was still up in Alpharetta, didn't really get more power out of it but boy it ran nice when he was done.
Well it was Scotty from Mustang Perormance(became Modular Powerhouse) did them with a drag setup(deep) for the front and did the rear that (Chris E has now) with a moderate setup incase it got any street time..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i went to Southern Off-road. I'm going to call up PORC. Thanks for posting that link to the venders!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
rock_solid said:
yeah i went to Southern Off-road. I'm going to call up PORC. Thanks for posting that link to the venders!
Ya on some things they are soooo expensive othere they are cheap on depends on what it is i am get the OME lift from them for 50 bucks less than what i would have paid for so idk...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright ill probably give them a call also. im just trying to find the lowest price possible considering that my rig needs a lot of other stuff too.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Well it was Scotty from Mustang Perormance(became Modular Powerhouse) did them with a drag setup(deep) for the front and did the rear that (Chris E has now) with a moderate setup incase it got any street time..
Ah, I see. I never dealt with Mustang Performance but the Modular Powerhouse guys know their stuff, work slow, but know their stuff. That shop stays slammed too, when he had my car i think there were 20 or 25 other ones their in various stages of build.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another choice would be SBC Offroad Engineering in Gainesville. The guy that owns it used to work for SMORC and he does good work for reasonable prices.

SBC
678-943-1846

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
jeepguru said:
Another choice would be SBC Offroad Engineering in Gainesville. The guy that owns it used to work for SMORC and he does good work for reasonable prices.

SBC
678-943-1846
Hu, didn't know that shop was even there, and I'm in the Gainesville area.

Just called, he charges $50 an hour for diff work. You supply the 3rd, master kit, R&P and say a lunch box locker an it's 4.5 hours = $250
5 hrs for an ARB

Edit: Oh, he's located on Hwy 60 (Thompson Bridge Rd) accross from Skate Country, just before the bridge if your headed north toward Murryville.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TRoss said:
Edit: Oh, he's located on Hwy 60 (Thompson Bridge Rd) accross from Skate Country, just before the bridge if your headed north toward Murryville.

It's behind "The Purple House" in the same parking lot. Real easy to miss if your not looking closely.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
jeepguru said:
It's behind "The Purple House" in the same parking lot. Real easy to miss if your not looking closely.
Cool, thanks for the tip.
I'll have to check his shop out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts