TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
You do realize that thing is for hauling stuff not off roading. Looks to me like it is some kind of suspension upgrade for 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks so they can haul more easily. I don't think I would use it on anything I own.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Interesting product but I wouldn't spend money to guinea pig them. I would go w/ timbrens they have a good rep. here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well in listening to the videos of the creators explaining the idea, it doesnt limit your travel, you still have normal spring action, but less body roll. Which is a plague of all LT trucks.

They make smaller springs for tacomas and lighter duty trucks too. Only took about a second to look it up on their website :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
my question would be whether or not the new coilspring will withhold travel. I would definately think that it will affect spring rate. In a long travel set up, properly set up shocks/bypasses should be much more effective than this scam....... this is just my thinking.....I can understand that it might help with load in the bed.....but i think it is gunna be a big dissappointment.

looking at it through the eyes of physics....it is essentially just putting more tension on the springs and not letting them flatten out like normal or returning to normal. Now i might be talking out my ass.....but would that system just be different type of sway bar? the new spring wouldnt allow you to flex like normal......

all in all,, the only thing i can say is that it looks like a scam or just another shopping channel failure. they say hundreds of thousands worldwide have enjoyed this system yet i have never heard of it.

it also kinda sounds like all the interviews were from the same area of the united states.................. I am not gunna say where..........

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The only thing that they would theoretically do is increase spring rate and decrease travel. In reality it's snake oil. How much linear stroke do you think your springs have? Even SUA with bowed out springs maybe two inches on the back half, you really think that screen door negative spring is really going to increase spring rate at all? Think about the "intended" usage, 3/4 ton trucks have damn near flat springs, so these would be worthless! HI I'M BILLY MAZE AND I WOULD LIKE TO SELL YOU SOME BULLSHIT...Don't beleive everything you see on the internet, unless it's two girls one cup, that shit was real.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The only thing that they would theoretically do is increase spring rate and decrease travel. In reality it's snake oil. How much linear stroke do you think your springs have? Even SUA with bowed out springs maybe two inches on the back half, you really think that screen door negative spring is really going to increase spring rate at all? Think about the "intended" usage, 3/4 ton trucks have damn near flat springs, so these would be worthless! HI I'M BILLY MAZE AND I WOULD LIKE TO SELL YOU SOME BULLSHIT...Don't beleive everything you see on the internet, unless it's two girls one cup, that shit was real.
logan, you always add some ridiculous or funny comment in your posts LOL

·
Registered
578 Posts
that is lol funny

·
Registered
134 Posts
word ...

haha...and two girls one cup was and is REAL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts