TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

4x Innovations Rock Sliders
come in a variety of lengths as well as custom lengths at no extra charge! Your slider can be built from 1.75x.120 HREW or 1.75x.120 DOM tubing, to fit your budget and wheeling style. Just cruising around in the woods, and muddy trails and want a little protection/step, go for the HREW. Romping in the boulders, dropping off ledges, and hammering on your rig, go for the DOM. If you are really hard core we'll even make them from heavy wall tubing, just pay for the additional materials cost. And of course as always these slider kits come with frame fish (scab) plates, and gussets to fully support your entire slider and truck frame the way it should be, and we don't charge any extra for the added parts!

Available sliders: Length / Yr / Model / Material / Price

1. 60" 83-95 Std. Pick Up + 4 Runner HREW $178 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $170
  2. 60" 83-95 Std. Pick Up + 4 Runner DOM $231 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $220
  3. 66" 90-14 4 Runner HREW $183 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $175
  4. 66" 90-14 4 Runner DOM $236 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $225
  5. 68" 84-88 Excab Pick Up HREW $183 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $175
  6. 68" 84-88 Excab Pick Up DOM $236 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $225
  7. 80" 88-95 Excab Pick Up HREW $200 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $190
  8. 80" 88-95 Excab Pick Up DOM $252 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $240
  9. 60" 95-04 runner/std. Tacoma HREW $178 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $170
  10. 60" 95-04 runner/std. Tacoma DOM $231 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $220
  11. 80" 95-04 Excab Tacoma HREW $200 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $190
  12. 80" 95-04 Excab Tacoma DOM $252 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $240
  13. 05+ Regular Cab Tacoma HREW $184 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $175
  14. 05+ Regular Cab Tacoma DOM $236 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $225
  15. 05+ Access Cab Tacoma HREW $205 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $195
  16. 05+ Access Cab Tacoma DOM $257 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $245
  17. 05+ Dbl Cab Srt Bed Tacoma HREW $205 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $195
  18. 05+ Dbl Cab Srt Bed Tacoma DOM $257 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $245
  19. 05+ Dbl Cab Srt Bed Tacoma BOLT ON DOM $450 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $428
  20. 05+ Dbl Cab Long Bed Tacoma DOM $288 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $275
  21. 95-97 FJ80 and LX450 BOLT ON DOM $578 - less TTORA 5% discount -> $550
Contact us via phone or email anytime.

You may be looking at the list and asking what the difference between the HREW tubing and DOM tubing is. Here's some info for you to consider.
The HREW stands for Hot Rolled Electric Welded. This tube starts as a strip of flat plate that is heated, rolled, and welded into a tube shape. The shape of the tube is determined by the rollers that roll it and no second operations are performed. It is also typically rolled from a softer steel.
The DOM stands for Drawn over Mandrel. First off, DOM IS still welded seam tubing, just because you can't see the weld seam doesn't mean it isn't there. The only tube that is seamless is actually called Seamless Tubing. Seamless is VERY expensive and mostly only stainless steel or large tube sizes. Don't let others fool you about that. DOM starts its life as either HREW or CREW (Cold Rolled), depending on who is rolling it, that has been rolled oversize. That oversize tube is then sent through a die and mandrel that shape the tube into its final size. This process is done cold which work hardens the steel, making it significantly stronger. The process of resizing and cold working the tube gives a more uniform shape and size and smoothes the weld seam. The DOM we use is also made from a higher grade steel that is stronger to start with. Over all the DOM is going to be around 30% stronger than the HREW tube.
DOM is significantly more dent resistant and is strongly recommended as the material of choice for heavier trucks such as the Tacoma. It is also strongly recommended as the material of choice for any roll cage. The drawback is that it has a higher cost than the HREW tubing.

As always we can build any style of slider you'd like also! We've built lots of custom sliders for very happy customers. Anything from an FJ40, FJ80, and even a Blazer are running custom sliders! We are here to build parts for YOUR truck, not ours, and we want you to love what you get! If you've got an idea for a different design, send it over. You will love our quality and price!

Attachments

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I like it...
And the supports look already notched ? Sweet... What about bracket assemblys for a true bolt up ? That'd be nice...

I really need some DOM on my shiat... My HREW AP units aren't quite up to my abuse level... Once I've destroyed those... I'll be looking at yers...

Oh... do the 80" X cab units have the kick out ?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the support legs come notched. The only thing that needs to be done is surface the front leg to match the angle on the chassis and weld. I'm working on bolt up options, but I have not yet found a design I fully like, the after that I have to get some trucks in for frame patterns. I'm going to be working on 87 4 runners/regular pick ups first (since I have a stock one ;) ) and then we'll go from there, so hopefully by the time you're ready we will be ready with bolt up units as well. :D

All sliders can be ordered with or without the kick out. I can also do any custom shape you'd like. A simple sketch in paint is all it takes.

Thanks for the interest guys!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here ya go Adam......
First pics of your new sliders. :welder: Welded up @22.5 degrees, painted with 2 coats of POR 15 and 2 of chassis coat black (which is some tough shit I might say). Saw action at ICBM at Barnwell Mtn. Everyone that saw the truck leaning on them told me they did not flex a bit!!!
I'm very happy with your sliders!!! Hope the pics help ya sell'm.....Good price for Good shit!!!

Enjoy.... :xrocker:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
KMAN said:
Here ya go Adam......
First pics of your new sliders. :welder: Welded up @22.5 degrees, painted with 2 coats of POR 15 and 2 of chassis coat black (which is some tough shit I might say). Saw action at ICBM at Barnwell Mtn. Everyone that saw the truck leaning on them told me they did not flex a bit!!!
I'm very happy with your sliders!!! Hope the pics help ya sell'm.....Good price for Good shit!!!
These the DOM's ? Looks good... How much clearence between the pinch weld and supports ? And since you say they don't flex at all... I have a general inquery...

Traxman25 or anyone in the know...
Does the HREW flex more then the DOM ?... I always thought it was just softer and bent easier...

Traxman25... get busy on those brackets... so I can escape from HREW WORLD... LOL

·
Registered
419 Posts
TacoDell said:
These the DOM's ? Looks good... How much clearence between the pinch weld and supports ? And since you say they don't flex at all... I have a general inquery...

Does the HREW flex more then the DOM ?... I always thought it was just softer and bent easier...

Traxman25... get busy on those brackets... so I can escape from HREW WORLD... LOL
They are the DOM..... and...I STRONGLY recommend DOM for anything that has to support a lot of weight. You can prolly get away with HREW on the bumpers. HREW vs. DOM = save now,pay later......do it right the first time!!!
If you look at the pics, I have a 2" BL so I could mount the sliders high as possible on the frame w/o modding the pinch welds. I left a 1" gap between the sliders and pinch weld.
HREW has a seam. It is possible for it to split at the seam under extreme load where as DOM won't.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
KMAN said:
HREW vs. DOM = save now,pay later......do it right the first time!!!
Too late... I'm already down the HREW road... LOL...
But I'm hoping to convert... ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
TacoDell said:

Over the few inch length that these legs are the HREW will not flex noticably. I have a hybrid design on my truck, with HREW legs, outer tube, and stringers, with a DOM main tube. I have the same frame plates and gussets that I supply with the kits. I only have about 1/4 inch clearance and I have no marks from the body contacting the sliders, and no one has ever commented about them moving around. And I've used them to their fullest, dropped and dragged them on rocks, and pivoted off of trees. I droped the truck onto rocks hard enough to shake my spine, and they didn't bed or flex, however seeing as I dropped on the outer hoop tube, which in my set is HREW, it did dent, but no bending. I would recommend, and will myself be going with DOM if I ever have to replace these sliders, but I will get years of service from my current set. It should be noted that the sliders I sell are ALL one type of material (DOM sliders come with DOM legs...) and that my recommendation for DOM sliders comes with no more profit margin to me (IE that cost difference is materials only). ;)

Patrick,

Thanks a bunch for posting the pics. They look awesome with that POR. I recently painted my rear axle housing and new rear wheel hoops with POR-15 and I like it a lot. I just used the rust stop on the wheel hoops, and we cheese grated them along a dirt/gravel cliff last time out. It took all the Rustoleum I used for the top coat color, but didn't hardly touch that POR-15. The hard nose top coat on my axle is really tough as well. I know it's pricy stuff but it can't be beat, and I highly recommend it as well, although any other quality metal paint will work, it won't last as long. (Just remember, prep is the key to ANY paint job though)

Thanks guys

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
traxman25 said:
I only have about 1/4 inch clearance and I have no marks from the body contacting the sliders, and no one has ever commented about them moving around.
Oh come now... 1/4" ? The body has got to flex more then that... Hmmm... Maybe you changed out for stiffer mounts ? Looking at mine... I can see I need a 1/2" clearence between the pinch weld/supports so the body don't hit (I'm currently hitting @ 1/4")... I'm doing a 1" BL ...but could easily radius the pinchweld and be good to go...

I'm not buying yers till you make some bolt on bracketry... So hurry up would ya... the price of DOM ain't getting lower... LOL
:rolleyes: (Yes I know I should just fab up my own brackets... :saw: )

I think I'll order a set of these late in Oct. I like my All-Pro design... So you should be able to duplicate that in DOM ? You said you could do custom... But I guess I'm asking which ones are the ones that you are offering here for the X cab in DOM @ $200.00... I see a coupla' different pics :confused:... I need the kickout at the very least... And these only show 3 supports per side... Can I get an extra support for each side? Just curious... I'm sure we'll hash it out when i order...
traxman25 said:
All sliders can be ordered with or without the kick out. I can also do any custom shape you'd like. A simple sketch in paint is all it takes.
Sorry for cluttering up yer thread with such gibberish... I am now officially done... :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep 1/4 inch, but I'm running old body mount stuff and the bolts are cranked down.

I'll try to get a truck in here soon to get some bolt up stuff done. Just need to find one, hint hint anyone? :rolleyes:

Yes the 80" DOM sliders are available with or with out the kick out, and I can make a custom style too. The 80 inchers come with 4 legs and 4 cross braces. The different pictures are different lengths and shapes (60 with kick out, 60 with out, same for 68 and 72). So basically I have 4 variations for each length. Lost yet? :confused: LOL I realize it's complicated, but in the end it's worth it because you get something just like what you want instead of some blanket factory built thing that’s just like everyone else’s.

Give me a call when you're ready to order up (608) 348- 2806

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a Tacoma coming out in two weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get some bolt up sliders done then. I'm hoping, cross my fingers, to get to the bolt up old runners and standard pick ups this week. BTW, watch for our new adds, good stuff on the other side. ;)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I just recently got a set of these from 4x Innovations, 60" DOM kickouts and they rock. I pounded on them this past weekend and added lots of new bumps and scrapes...they did their job perfectly.

It is a well put together kit. The weld on legs are coped out well, fit great, and easy to weld up. You can't go wrong with this kit for the quality, the design and the price. I couldn't fab my own any cheaper or better quality so I bought some from Adam and welded them up in about an hour. :D

:welder:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Those sliders looks greak on Patrick's truck. The kick-out on his sliders doesn't come out very far so it's not too noticeable. This is the look that I'd like to go for. Is that the normal kick-out?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian, I'm glad you like them. It's always great to hear back from guys loving their stuff!

Harold, yes the kick out on Patrick's truck is the normal kick. I can do less, none or more, or even longer along the length of the body for no extra charge.

Adam

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Harley,
I got the order, and replied to your emails. You'll get your sliders with time to install them before Texas Takeover. :cool: Thanks!
Adam

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
About this Discussion
177 Replies
50 Participants
traxman25
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing