101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine are great! I give Adam two thumbs up :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Any chance you will be offering bolt ons for 99-04s?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bump for a great product and great vendor. I was in a bind and needed some sliders for a club outing. Adam turned a set of dom kickout sliders around in a couple of days (for a reasonable rush charge, of course). They've held up great so far, and I was really on them during that club run. I'll post some pics sooner or later.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sliders are currently at my buddies place. He tacked everything together to make sure it fit first, now he's going to weld them up. Should be on by saturday.

Adam, just curious as to why there are two legs that shipped that are 2 in longer? (RS-03s)

On mine, all the legs have to be the same length. do some tacomas have tapered in frames near the back of the truck?

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's the way the frame is shaped.. I'm pretty sure on the older pickups the frame goes in towards the rear of the truck.. Take a look at his website and you'll see the pictures have the longer legs staged near the rear kickout..
When you had yours welded on, did your back legs have to be cut to the same length as the others?

I'm just wondering why I got 6 of one size and 2 of another when the (my) frame is straight. Seems like a waste of 4" of pipe, for me at least.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Scuba has it pretty much right on.

It depends on the truck actually. On the early Pickups, 4 Runners and some others the frame is narrower at the front so the first leg needs to be longer. On some other trucks (Tacomas mostly) in certain configurations the rear leg actually needs to angle up to meet the frame, so the leg also needs to be longer there as well. So rather than have to track which truck is which, and which order is which we ship all kits with 2 legs longer than the rest. It is easy to cut the length of the legs down to what suits your needs.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
When you had yours welded on, did your back legs have to be cut to the same length as the others?

I'm just wondering why I got 6 of one size and 2 of another when the (my) frame is straight. Seems like a waste of 4" of pipe, for me at least.
Yep, 2 of the legs were a tad longer. Now this would have worked had I used the sliders for what they were originally ordered for (91 pickup), but I never got to mount them on it. When they were mounted up to the Tacoma all legs needed to be the same length. Didn't take too long to get that done ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Scuba has it pretty much right on.

It depends on the truck actually. On the early Pickups, 4 Runners and some others the frame is narrower at the front so the first leg needs to be longer. On some other trucks (Tacomas mostly) in certain configurations the rear leg actually needs to angle up to meet the frame, so the leg also needs to be longer there as well. So rather than have to track which truck is which, and which order is which we ship all kits with 2 legs longer than the rest. It is easy to cut the length of the legs down to what suits your needs.
Ah that makes sense then. Didn't know that about the Tacoma frames.

As a side note, the guy that's welding them up for me does a lot of custom fab for Jeeps and said he was quite impressed with your work.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hey! I'm planning on purchasing the DOM sliders with kick outs for my 05 taco d-cab short bed. I should have enough money saved up by mid January after getting the shaft from Revenge-fab on my sliders/front bumper that I ordered from him. How long is the wait usually for a customer to receive his/her item(s)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Joe, our lead times to delivery vary depending on how busy we are. Right now it would take 2-3 weeks for you to receive a non stock item.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A couple of shots of my 4xinnovations DOM kickout sliders on their maiden voyage. They are unpainted in the pics, but I got them coated in some rustoleum now. A word of notice, if you have the time, get the legs lined up and welded up and then paint the sliders before you weld them to the frame. It'll be a lot easier than trying to paint them once they're on the truck. Just make sure to leave the leg ends unpainted so you don't compromise the weld at all when you weld them to the frame.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks for the pics Quester, and words Taco John!

BTW we do build custom length sliders, so if you want a length you don't see please call or email and we'll get you all set up!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Finally placed an order last night for my 05 double cab! About time, eh? DOM with kick outs. When should I expect them?
:lmao: I've got a funny story for you, you should call me in the morning. This: "Beaverton, OREGON but currently in Oceanside, CA" explains a lot.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts
About this Discussion
177 Replies
50 Participants
traxman25
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing