TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS SUNDAY: Spring Mountain Day Trip (Rocky Gap/Lost Cabin/Mud Huts)

THIS SUNDAY!!!!

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:​
  • WHEN: Sunday, March 18th.

• TIME: 10:30 AM. We will depart by 10:45 AM at the latest!!
  • WHERE: Blue Diamond Travel Center (aka the gas station on the corner of Rt 160 and Rt 159)
ITINERARY
  1. Forrest Road 541 (at the turn-off for the Mountain Springs Saloon) to Lovell Canyon Road [A short trail along the boundary of the National Conservation Area] Pinstripping a possibility. We will hit mud on this route! A few tight turns where a vehicle with a longer wheel base might have difficulty. One tight squeeze between boulders (6'8" wide clearance). Stock vehicles ok. We should get through in about 45 minutes.
  2. Lost Cabin Site / Forrest Road 539 (Mud Huts) We will take Rt 160 to Trail Head. We will Lovell Wash Road to Lovell Canyon Road to complete trail. Again..., pin striping is possible. This is a very user friendly trail. I will not be leading FR 539 from the Rock Obstacle to the Mud Huts. My vehicle is not equiped. Use your best judgement!!!
  3. Rocky Gap/Potato Ridge Road (From Lovell Canyon Road) to Red Rock Loop Lift and Lockers would be helpful, but not mandatory with good common scense. Please ask for a spotter if you are at all in doubt. I will be taking this in my stock vehicle, however, I don't recommend it. I have not scouted the West side this year, some of the drivers on the run have. The East side (past the summit) is very easy! [Map data from nvttora trail site]
    Don't worry guys..., I won't make you take this hike again!!
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT LIST:

• CB Radio (If you don't have one please let us know before we get on the trails)
  • Tow Hooks (Most toyotas have hooks in the front. A rear tow hook can be inserted into tow hitch.)
  • Tow Strap (Always a good idea, but I think most of us have one)
  • Fire Extinguisher (I guess you never know)
  • WATER (it is Nevada)
  • Lunch (Up to you, but we probably will have time at the Lost Cabin Site. Optional hike to see petroglyphs or time for lunch)
If you haven't signed a NVTTORA Trail Run Waiver, please make sure to see Carl before we start. He will have waivers and stickers available at the meeting point.

REMEMBER: NO ALCOHOL WHILE ON THE TRAIL!!!

I've made the offer, and it still stands. If you guys want to have a beer or two (you still have to drive home), everyone is welcome to come to my house after the run. However I don't have any piss-ass-corn-beer at my house. Only the good stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Alright, I'm in. Not this Sunday, but rather next, the 18th. Good deal! :driving: :xpimp:

And Joel, how are you being "Forced" to go to Nascar??? :confused:

Either you dig shit going around in circles or not. :rolleyes:

Oh, it could be a business thing, that might make a little sense. :p

·
Registered
799 Posts
my034runner said:
Alright, I'm in. Not this Sunday, but rather next, the 18th. Good deal! :driving: :xpimp:

And Joel, how are you being "Forced" to go to Nascar??? :confused:

Either you dig shit going around in circles or not. :rolleyes:

Oh, it could be a business thing, that might make a little sense. :p
Its a huge fund raiser for me. So im forced to.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
ExOtoy535 said:
OK I'm in for sure... Sunday the 18th..

Jesse, we've heard that before!! :flipoff1: Well, I guess we'll find out! Hope to see you and the ExoToy out there. We'll find some rocks for you to mess around on. :D :xpimp: :xdevil:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my034runner said:
ExOtoy535 said:
Ok i'm in for sure... sunday the 18th..
Jesse, we've heard that before!! :flipoff1: Well, I guess we'll find out! Hope to see you and the ExoToy out there. We'll find some rocks for you to mess around on. :D :xpimp: :xdevil:
WELL..., Most of the planned route is bordered by the National Conservation Area. Rocky Gap provides a passageway through, and will have some challenging areas, but cutting new trails is prohibited!!!

Depending on what vehicles show up, we could play around in Lovell Canyon. I found a neat trail (while it's a PIA to get there) over near Lost Cabin. It's labeled as Forrest Route 539. There is a point where I couldn't proceed further, but some of you guys might enjoy the challenge. The Forrest Service map I have doesn't show the road going much farther then I got.

It looks like it was done before. I think you would have to ride the boulder on the left.

This is pretty rough map, but you can get the idea of where this is.

JUST AN IDEA...

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
jayfredweb said:
WELL..., Most of the planned route is bordered by the National Conservation Area. Rocky Gap provides a passageway through, and will have some challenging areas, but cutting new trails is prohibited!!!

Depending on what vehicles show up, we could play around in Lovell Canyon. I found a neat trail (while it's a PIA to get there) over near Lost Cabin. It's labeled as Forrest Route 539. There is a point where I couldn't proceed further, but some of you guys might enjoy the challenge. The Forrest Service map I have doesn't show the road going much farther then I got.

It looks like it was done before. I think you would have to ride the boulder on the left.

This is pretty rough map, but you can get the idea of where this is.

JUST AN IDEA...

I wasn't talking about cutting a new trail, but rather taking a much harder line than most people would do, that's all. :D

I also don't mind the side trip there either, as long as it doesn't take all day. :xpimp: :xdevil:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my034runner said:
I wasn't talking about cutting a new trail, but rather taking a much harder line than most people would do, that's all. :D

I also don't mind the side trip there either, as long as it doesn't take all day. :xpimp: :xdevil:
Please forgive me then!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm pretty sure the wash to the right of the rock garden (when coming in from the west) is the original road before it got really messed up. It may be a little past even exotoy's capability though.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
What about Dennis? Anybody heard from him?

1 - 20 of 234 Posts