TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to add a 2 or 3" Body Lift to my current 3" Cornfed spacer lift. The question is who to go with. Rodger Brown or Performace Access. From the looks of things - RB will be a decent amount more - but is it worth it? It seems like the PA kit comes with everything, as does RB - but RB you pertty much have to pay for the little extras PA includes. So which one should I go with?
Also - what should I do with my shifters? I've got the manual transmission as well as the manual lever transfer case. Do the kits come with a portion to weld in, or should I order the shifter extensions. Im not wanting to deal with any problems with shifting, since I have to do it so damn much.
2nd - Are there any other issue I should expect to run into when doing this. Im looking to knock it out one saturday at the shop I work at.(tools and a lift on hand) So I want to have everything prepaired.
I would appriciate any help from the people who have been through it. Thanks
Rob :xdevil:

·
Registered
199 Posts
go with the rb bl with the ultimate pucks and grade 8 hardware. i have his 2" bl on my truck and it took me about 6 hours to do in my driveway with the help of a friend. i did have to trim a bit on the shifter boot plate to get the tranny to shift thoroughly into 2nd gear. not a big deal as long as you have a dremel. personally i like how the shifter sits lower.

·
Registered
104 Posts
im going with a 1.5" RB kit. just from the research ive done and things ive read its the way to go. im ordering it this week but wont have time to install till jan. let us know how it goes

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've had a PA B/L for a while. Either B/L install (PA or Roger Brown) is fairly easy, 6 to 8 hrs for install, I've installed both.
For the shifters you can bend them a little and trim your floor pan opening and they'll shift like factory. If theyre to short you can make an extention for the top of the shifter, (I made one last week by welding a nut onto the head of a 2" bolt, it's hidden under the shifter boot) I think its a 12X1.50 metric thread for the knobs on both shifters.
RB is a little pricier when you buy all the extras, their basically hand made.
I'd suggest you price them out and and see what your budget can afford.
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts