TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one sent Roger Brown specs to get this kit made up yet? Im going to maybe be in the position to take measurements and pictures when my trucks on the lift this week. I dont want to do the extra work if someone has already sent him the info. Let me know guys!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i emailed him a few months back after someone said they had sent him the specs, but he replied that he still needed them. I think the specs might be diff between the access, double, and reg cab. I could use them if your willing! but i have a access cab.

·
Registered
397 Posts
well i've got a double cab. what specs are needed for the 1''? i'll post them. that way who ever is interested can give him a ring and give the specs if they want it

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
well i've got a double cab. what specs are needed for the 1''? i'll post them. that way who ever is interested can give him a ring and give the specs if they want it
here is a link to Roger's site: 4Crawler.com. He basically needs someone to crawl under the truck with a tape and measure gaps etc...

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml#FAQ5

From what I understand he is one of the easiest guys in the world to work with if you are willing to do a little leg work...

I was considering doing it but have now got a new trail toy so the money will be shifting to the '81

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I will be installing my RB 1" this weekend [first kit, prelim], ill let you guys know how it goes, and post pics.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ok, I will be installing my RB 1" this weekend [first kit, prelim], ill let you guys know how it goes, and post pics.
Do you have the tow package? Is there going to be a new rear bumper bracket to raise the bumper/hitch? They are bolted together and would be pretty easy to make a new bracket... Wouldnt that be cool, a 1" BL that raises the trailer hitch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as far as bumpers go, I will be tackling those with the install then send RB pictures so he can figure out how he wants to handle the brackets. I will be making my own, shouldnt be too hard at all. I do not have a tow package, but will be getting one, so ill let you know how im going to handle that when it comes to it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
as far as bumpers go, I will be tackling those with the install then send RB pictures so he can figure out how he wants to handle the brackets. I will be making my own, shouldnt be too hard at all. I do not have a tow package, but will be getting one, so ill let you know how im going to handle that when it comes to it.
Will you be adding the factory hitch? If not I dont think they mount the same.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may just get a factory hitch, my good friend is a toyota tech and can grab me one.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Can't wait to see how this turns out
I know, if there is a bumper bracket for the rear that raises the hitch/bumper w/out sacrificing any strength I will seriously think about one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no pics, I havent even started this yet. Probably this weekend!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can post those when I take pics. As of right now the kit is quite literally 12 poly blocks. I have to figure bolt lengths, and bumper brackets as I install.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trucks done! the body lift itself was easy as pie, modding the rear bumper bracket was easy as pie, the front bumper on the other hand, sucked ass!!!! ill get pics up as soon as i get a chance.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
trucks done! the body lift itself was easy as pie, modding the rear bumper bracket was easy as pie, the front bumper on the other hand, sucked ass!!!! ill get pics up as soon as i get a chance.
Interested to see what it looks like with a 1.0 BL installed. Hurry up with the pics:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts